The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

t5 problem help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul carpenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: t5 problem help
    Posted: 03 May 16 at 20:27
hi got a problem with my t5 1.9 swb 55 plate, started her up to leave work and noticed that my airbag light was on so carried on driving, drove for about 5 miles to a ferry so had to turn engine off until it came in, went to start her and she took awhile to sart never done this before. got onto ferry and turned engine off, went to restart her about 10 mins later and noticed that my coolant light was flashing as i turned the ignition key so i turned the key to off then turned it again and all was fine and she started ok. drove for about 1 mile and alarms started to bleep and my brake ;ight acme on with two other lights so pulled over and turned engine off. left it for about 5 mins and restarted all ok so drove home but to me it she doesnt feel right. when i got home i ahd a cup of tea then went out to check water, oil and brake fluid which is all ok. turned the ignition key and now my brake light keeps flashing with the abs and beeps. has anyone any ideas.
ithe only things i have ahd done recently is had new brake pads on the back done and had to have a new central locking mechenism for the passenger door.
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 16 at 00:42
Possibly the brake light switch has failed (cheap), or the ABS unit (expensive).  Another possibility is failing battery or alternator voltage controller is not working properly, allowing the voltage to get too high (this can cause all sorts of weird problems).
Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 16 at 22:36
I with Gregg, measure the voltage on the battery engine off and then start the engine, battery will be around 12.5 volts but with engine running will rise to 14 volt, high the charge regulator could be screwed up and can do damage.

Brake light switch can cause strange problems, I have the brake light come on bleeping if the handbrake switch gets knocked out of position so it thinks you are driving with the handbrake on.
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 16 at 09:52
Another newbie who asked a question, got a reply and hasn't been seen since.

I really do wish they would:

1  Acknowledge the assistance they have received, and

2  Come back with what happened and (hopefully) what the final solution was.

Note that 2 is much more rewarding to me than 1.

I'm starting to lose enthusiasm for helping newbies as this happens so often :(
 Post Reply Post Reply