The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T5 GP How long wait time?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petehelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T5 GP How long wait time?
    Posted: 17 Oct 10 at 14:29
As it says ordered my new T5 in july 140ps kombi so nothing out of the norm but dealer can still not tell me when it will be here, getting pissed off with waiting now.
How long is the norm? the 10-12 week rule is not working for me on week 13 nowErmm
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 10 at 14:54
Can't be doing with that. I just had one that was on the system and got it in a week.
Poo IS funny.
willhollin View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willhollin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 10 at 19:31
Yeah, mine was ordered mid July and they haven't a fooking clue. Angry
Berisford View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berisford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 10 at 20:01
DSG's?
Senate Square, Helsinki, 12 June 1993.
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 10 at 20:11
Well to be honest if I was interested in buying a new van(or car)one of the first questions I'd be asking the dealer was when will I get the said vehicle.

Not asking on a VW Transporter forum after agreeing to buy it and it's still not arrived......................
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willhollin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 10 at 20:21
Originally posted by Steve B Steve B wrote:

Well to be honest if I was interested in buying a new van(or car)one of the first questions I'd be asking the dealer was when will I get the said vehicle.

Not asking on a VW Transporter forum after agreeing to buy it and it's still not arrived......................

I did ask mine, in fact I email him every other day, much to his annoyance. LOL

Guess the OP was asking if anyone else in the same position knew any better.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willhollin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 10 at 20:22
Originally posted by Berisford Berisford wrote:

DSG's?

140ps Kombi Manual.
swiss View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 10 at 20:36
What waiting list?
I have 10 ready to go
Vansales.com
http://www.vansales.com
http://www.swissvantek.com T5 Accessories
http://www.brokerweb.com
Trade/ CCL only finance website

01656 674620
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 10 at 20:42
Originally posted by swiss swiss wrote:

What waiting list?
I have 10 ready to go
do yours come complete with a free T.Shirt?Wink
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willhollin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 10 at 21:00

What waiting list?
I have 10 ready to go

How long did they take from order date to delivery date?
Petehelmet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petehelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 10 at 21:13

Well to be honest if I was interested in buying a new van(or car)one of the first questions I'd be asking the dealer was when will I get the said vehicle.Not asking on a VW Transporter forum after agreeing to buy it and it's still not arrived......................

Was told 10-12 weeks as I said
Mine is also a 140ps kombi manual, he is telling me that Vw have changed the computer system and it's all tits up
Haven't gave a deposit as just chopping my van in so wondering now if going elsewhere is my next option
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willhollin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 10 at 21:26
Originally posted by Petehelmet Petehelmet wrote:

Well to be honest if I was interested in buying a new van(or car)one of the first questions I'd be asking the dealer was when will I get the said vehicle.Not asking on a VW Transporter forum after agreeing to buy it and it's still not arrived......................

Was told 10-12 weeks as I said
Mine is also a 140ps kombi manual, he is telling me that Vw have changed the computer system and it's all tits up
Haven't gave a deposit as just chopping my van in so wondering now if going elsewhere is my next option

I have not given a deposit either, don't know where I stand though as I did sign an order, although that was when I was considering the 180ps in a different colour.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petehelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 10 at 21:43
There is nice kombi at the mo on Vw vans site that is just about the exact spec I ordered it's driving me mad, hopefully we will get some answers this week after all how hard can it be to find out
MP View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 10 at 22:15
A colleague was telling of a friend of his who ordered a van in April and it has just turned up!  The dealer gave up making excuses in the end.  The only bonus for him was that they had given him a guaranteed trade-in price for his Vito regardless of mileage.  He's added about 15,000 since it was initially due…

I couldn't deal with the waiting so found what I wanted on a forecourt 6 months odd old, sorry for being smug.
Past vans - 1989 Ex-Swedish 16" Syncro & 2010 T5 GP 102
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petehelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 10 at 08:32
Got a good trade in price for mine which is what clinched the deal, I just hope they will honour it as put a few thou on my van every month
My last van was straight off the forcourt then a couple of grand spent on aftermarket stuff so thought I would save the hassle and get it specced the way I wanted from the start but now on the long wait for my van
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petehelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 10 at 15:15

I was working just round the corner from another dealer today so dropped in and asked if any probs with ordering system and explained my situation, they can find out at anytime were a build is at so can't see the problem. Called my dealer and told him what I had done and he confessed that they haven't a clue were my van is, so now I'm in a situation were do I hold out for a couple of weeks and fingers crossed it will turn up and the dealers, he has said he will honour my trade in price.

Or surprise surprise dealer I visited today has correct spec van come in today but want to offer me 2k less on my trade in.
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 10 at 16:58
Originally posted by Petehelmet Petehelmet wrote:

I was working just round the corner from another dealer today so dropped in and asked if any probs with ordering system and explained my situation, they can find out at anytime were a build is at so can't see the problem. Called my dealer and told him what I had done and he confessed that they haven't a clue were my van is, so now I'm in a situation were do I hold out for a couple of weeks and fingers crossed it will turn up and the dealers, he has said he will honour my trade in price.

Or surprise surprise dealer I visited today has correct spec van come in today but want to offer me 2k less on my trade in.
why don't you sell your van privately??????job done.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petehelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 10 at 20:58
Couple of reasons, I think I got an excellent trade in price which was just what I wanted on a private sale plus the idea is I drive my old van in then out with my new van no hassle, if I sell private will have to advertise take veiwings on a weekend etc etc worry about being let down, they would have to send a cheque to Vw finance then I would have to wait for them to send me the cheque in the meantime be without my workhorse, no van no money coming in, it's just so much easier for me to trade in
swiss View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 10 at 21:12
Originally posted by kawolsky kawolsky wrote:

What waiting list?
I have 10 ready to go
do yours come complete with a free T.Shirt?Wink

Yes
Yes they do
Need a free evening to agree a logo
Trashed everything they came up with
Vansales.com

01656 674620
swiss View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 10 at 21:22
Originally posted by willhollin willhollin wrote:

What waiting list?
I have 10 ready to go

How long did they take from order date to delivery date?

Roughy 6 weeks
Some dealers dont have a large enough allocation hence your van might not be ordered for six weeks after you placed order. Please dont thibk that its the factory stalling your order as it isnt.
Every dealer signs up to a yearly allocation. Some try and play a game of undersigning to hit over bonus. Hence they cannot meet demand. To get more Transporter the Crafter and Caddy target also increases.

What I can promise is a kombi famine coming
There is such a backlog that many new builds will go into Feb for March delivery
You need the commission number or the status/ build week

I cant even order DSG and the 5 I have on order or all status 20
180s are getting heavy build dates but IMAO I dont feel they are worth 3K more
4 motions well who knows
Generally speaking it is never VW fault, much too well organised, but a third party supplier letting them doown

Vansales.com

01656 674620
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>