The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

t5 facelift test drive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theoldgoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 10 at 18:26
Hi folks, new kid on the block here. I've been lurking for ages and found lots of useful info.
I've pretty much made my mind up to buy new caravelle, 180 4motion. I wasn't aware that you could get one with DSG though.
Triple can you confirm it was 180 4motion with DSG.
Cheers.
rallye dale View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rallye dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 10 at 18:35
My Van..http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/topic26281&KW=_post196345.html#196345

My Car..http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=288209

T30 LWB 2.5 130 REMAPPED 56 PLATE
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 10 at 18:44
Is anyone else of the opinion that the blue Sportline X with 2 colour leather etc is a bit.......furry dice.
It seems to have lost the original Sportline subtlety. 
Poo IS funny.
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 10 at 18:50
Originally posted by Tony M Tony M wrote:

Is anyone else of the opinion that the blue Sportline X with 2 colour leather etc is a bit.......furry dice.

i love the blue paint and black wheels, but hate the seats. what my son would call "well gay".
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 10 at 18:52
Originally posted by kawolsky kawolsky wrote:

Originally posted by Tony M Tony M wrote:

i love the blue paint and black wheels, but hate the seats. what my son would call "well gay".

Yes, the seats are a bit chavtastic.
Poo IS funny.
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 10 at 18:55
Tony have you seen the leather gaiter thread below this one?? Go see and i'm sure you'll  rub someone else up the wrong way!!!!

Theoldgoat View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theoldgoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 10 at 19:31
Ah yes, been there, got the brochure too. No 180 4motion with DSG listed though
triple View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 10 at 22:36
When i enquired about getting a price on a new facelift 180 a few weeks ago i asked about having the dsg but the salesman said on the 180 dsg is only available with 4motion and yet dsg is available on the 140 with or without 4motion.

Tornado red celtic mapped lwb 174 AXE.
2014 bmw s1000r.
ktm 350 freeride
1975 yamaha rd350b
nox View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 10 at 00:27
Love the colour :)  Quite like the wheels, the seats...  erm, I quite like em too :D  I didn't like the price tho - for that amount of cash you are seriously into new 180 territory.

Nox
IT'S HERE!!!!
VWstealer View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VWstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 10 at 09:01

New Caravelle = 180 DSG OR 180 4Motion, but not available in the UK with 180 DSG + 4Motion.

Panel van = 180PS DSG 4Motion, or 180 manual FWD, + 140PS DSG FWD & 140PS manual 4Motion. 

Edited by VWstealer - 15 Feb 10 at 09:02
The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Did Not Exist...
Theoldgoat View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theoldgoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 10 at 18:39
Originally posted by VWstealer VWstealer wrote:

New Caravelle = 180 DSG OR 180 4Motion, but not available in the UK with 180 DSG + 4Motion.

Panel van = 180PS DSG 4Motion, or 180 manual FWD, + 140PS DSG FWD & 140PS manual 4Motion. 

Thanks for that info. Thats what I thought and is confirmed in the brochure.
Does anyone know why you can't get 4motion and DSG on the Caravelle?
triple View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 10 at 19:53
Originally posted by VWstealer VWstealer wrote:

Why dont vw do the dsg for the 180 without having to have 4motion for the panel van.

Edited by triple - 15 Feb 10 at 19:55

Tornado red celtic mapped lwb 174 AXE.
2014 bmw s1000r.
ktm 350 freeride
1975 yamaha rd350b
Kev The Gas View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

BUS WANKER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev The Gas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 10 at 20:58
HugHugHug

Done the deal today !

T32 lwb Kombi 140 ps 
Met Natural grey
Appearance Pack
Privacy glass
Mudflaps
Rear park sensors
Alarm B
Elec pack C
Sat nav A
Leather steering wheel
Elec Sunroof
Cab comfort pack
Cruise control
Fog lights
air con 
Seat pack a   & e 
Motexion bulk head
Ipod media in lead.

A long 8/10 weeks to come.

Oh and I have sold my van £ 6k plus vat   and £750 for wheels Clap

Kev.

T5.1 T32 LWB Kombi 140 ps. Sold

T5.1 Caravelle Executive 2.0BiTDI
180PS DSG Sold

T5.1 Kombi LWB 180 BiTDI DSG   

T6 California Beach 150 DSG
Petehelmet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petehelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 10 at 21:25
Sounds like a beaut mate, what discount did you get was it the standard 12%? Spoke to local dealer today and he said they weren't giving 12% as a rule but being as i got it last time he would do the same again. Was hoping for more being as my exact spec van has gone up £2700. Dam those 2l engines are expensive.
Petehelmet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petehelmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 10 at 21:35
Just found this on ebay i know its abit of a weird description but if correct thats a good price.
Kev The Gas View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

BUS WANKER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev The Gas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 10 at 21:40
Hi Pete 

12.5 % and managed to get the delivery cost  ect down by another £ 100.

Eurovans at Crawley , seemed very helpful and keen for the business.

The other dealer I spoke to was adamant not to go above 11%.

Kev.
T5.1 T32 LWB Kombi 140 ps. Sold

T5.1 Caravelle Executive 2.0BiTDI
180PS DSG Sold

T5.1 Kombi LWB 180 BiTDI DSG   

T6 California Beach 150 DSG
Mr Hedgehog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 10 at 21:48
Originally posted by Kev The Gas Kev The Gas wrote:

HugHugHug

Done the deal today !

T32 lwb Kombi 140 ps 
Met Natural grey
Appearance Pack
Privacy glass
Mudflaps
Rear park sensors
Alarm B
Elec pack C
Sat nav A
Leather steering wheel
Elec Sunroof
Cab comfort pack
Cruise control
Fog lights
air con 
Seat pack a   & e 
Motexion bulk head
Ipod media in lead.

A long 8/10 weeks to come.

Oh and I have sold my van £ 6k plus vat   and £750 for wheels Clap

Kev.

Top man Clap sounds like a beauty
Well done for getting a decent price for your old one

Jumped Ship to a Vito but I hear a 2021 T6 calling, only real difference is the Vito cab is more car like.
Oli View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 10 at 21:24
Just a quick update, my Kombi's have been taxed wrong and the logbooks are going back to the DVLA so they can be re-issued correctly and we will get a refund as we paid £215 whereas it should have been £125!
Mr Hedgehog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 10 at 17:20
I was well happy when I saw my tax was only £125 a year you got to love that euro 5 class
Jumped Ship to a Vito but I hear a 2021 T6 calling, only real difference is the Vito cab is more car like.
Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 10 at 11:23
Just took delivery of 140 T28 SWB, Upholstery upgrade, sound deadening, cruise control, SE pack, climate control, reversing sensors. Still waiting for the blue tooth kit and Ipod link, would not pay the robbery for the gps, garmin will do.

Pain in the ass is trying to get the running lights turned off!

There seems to be features switched on and off by holding switches and working the ignition.

Took the fixed price servicing for three years, given that the local stealer fleeces £170 - 270 a service £300 for three years is a saving. I bet the T5's will now do 18k between services where as before bang on 10k service light and count down ended.

For those with the 2.5 engine the new 2l engine has got rid of teh power dip at the bottom, the one you stal with when doing a rolling start in second.

May throw some photos of the working sisters up when I get a chance.

T5 T28 Swb 2.5 130bhp as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>