The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T5 bi turbo limp mode fix?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazza950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T5 bi turbo limp mode fix?
    Posted: 16 Nov 19 at 21:02
well the old 180 lwb 4 cylinder has carted me and loads of Rayburn cookers for the past 9 yaers,covering 260 thou miles.Unlike others I am on original clutch,exhaust ,drive shafts and dead pleased with it BUT recently its going into limp mode -usually after 5-8 miles from cold,when I slow down for a junction etc. Switching off /on restores it but the glow plug and engine management light come on- and its a bit of a pain.
i appreciate at 260K its getting a bit tired and expect to spend a bit on it-no point in getting a newer one as it does everthing I want.
So any suggestions welcomed
  • the EGR light showed up 100k ago -but the bottle of cleaner sorted that
  • i drive briskly and cruise 70-80 on mways - never had a partical filter  light come on
  • return 600 miles per tank 
  • gets an oil change every 10k by local garage -lovely chaps --but electrics not really their strong point!
Any advise appreciated -or turbo expert recommendations ( located North Shropshire)
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 19 at 01:24
Welcome

1st step would be to put a code reader on it to find out what the error codes are.

BTW there is a dedicated T5 section (scroll down to see it)

bazza950 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazza950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 19 at 07:58
Thanks Greg,
My local chaps used one of those and changed what it said was wrong- but it still persists!
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 19 at 10:11
If you tell us what the error codes are someone on here may have some suggestions (it may have happened to them and they know what fixed their T5)

Post Reply Post Reply