The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Brickwerks > Brickwerks updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3 wheel bearing replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T3 wheel bearing replacement
    Posted: 27 Mar 16 at 23:05
Hi All
Can anyone recommend the best front and rear wheel bearings for my 1990 T3. I hear GSF ones are rubbish.

Thanks Joe
jpe - three wheels on my waggon and i'm still rollin along!
Pugwash View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pugwash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 16 at 23:12
I've always used the ones Brickwerks sell whenever mine have needed replacement, and I've never had any issues with any of them, very highly recommended: -

https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=wheel+bearings&x=0&y=0
Pugwash - Layin' in the gutter, starin' at the stars....
Pearls of Welsh wisdom can be obtained on 07564 714678
Joe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 16 at 09:21
Thanks Pugwash
Do you replace the Brickwerks ones often then? To add. Is that in the same vehicle or are you a mechanic and into multiple vehicles?

Edited by Joe - 28 Mar 16 at 09:24
Pugwash View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pugwash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 16 at 10:22
No, I've had my van for 8 years, and have had to replace both rear bearings during that time.  I've replaced them both with the bearings that Brickwerks sell, just the once, after MOT advisories.  Mine is an early van, so I have used these: -

https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/wheel-bearing-kit-t3-rear.html

I'm not sure if yours is an early or a late van, but that bearing is available for both on the website.  I do between 3 and 4,000 miles a year in mine, so I'm not doing excessive mileage, so I wouldn't ordinarily have expected to replace mine again by now, but I know that these bearings are the ones that Simon and the gang put onto vehicles going through their workshop, and that's a good enough recommendation for me.

I'm not a mechanic by trade, I just know enough to do most work myself at home, with the advice and guidance of the good folks here.  I've replaced wheel bearings on a couple of friends' vans, and have always used the ones from Brickwerks, again with no subsequent issues.  I guess you pays your money and you makes your choice Joe, but I'd recommend the Brickwerks bearings every time :)

Hope that helps, shout up if you need to know anything else :)

All the best,

Pugwash
Joe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 16 at 10:38
Hi Pugwash
Thanks so much for your valuable advice. Good to know there are enthusiastic and helpful people out there. :)

Kind regards
Joe
Pugwash View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pugwash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 16 at 11:08
No worries dude, anytime :)

Pugwash
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 16 at 18:34
MONG! LOL

Edited by Bromy - 30 Sep 16 at 18:35
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
Sharkybaby View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharkybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 16 at 09:12
Yes anything from brickwerks is v good.and fits.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic