The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3 tins lower fit or not

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbusyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T3 tins lower fit or not
    Posted: 04 Sep 17 at 15:25
Hi I have no lower tins on my T3 cu aircooled engine will this result in any issues if I continue to drive her until I get a set of lower tins?
chrisevans View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 17 at 12:19
It has been known for a stone to fly up and damage a push rod tube. In General if it is was there at the factory it was for a good reason.
Redbusyak View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbusyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 17 at 12:27
That makes good sense. My main worry is that without them on will the engine overheat? It's my only form of transport at the moment and the engine has just been refurbished and I don't want to cause serious damage. I have been looking for tins for two weeks now with only one side available to buy
912 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 17 at 13:22
You need them to aid cooling and keeps the heat to the thermostat
Redbusyak View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbusyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 17 at 13:40
Hi mate you dug that one out yet?
 Post Reply Post Reply