The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3 restoration trolley for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdamS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T3 restoration trolley for sale
    Posted: 26 Aug 18 at 14:17
Bespoke trolley which I had made specifically to help restore our T3 Westfalia for sale.

This trolley made moving the shell around during the restoration as easy as it could have been. The vehicle went to the paint strippers and painters on it via a flat bed truck so removed the need for a fork lift and pallets thus preventing potential damage. 

Back at the workshop it made the rebuild process easier too. 

There are 2 lengths of legs; the shorter of the 2 are better for transportation and the longer of the 2 are better for working under the vehicle. The legs have pegs which locate into holes in the chassis so the shell is very stable when sitting on the trolley and does not need tying down.

The 4 wheels each swivel through 360 degrees and have locks. The wheels have rubber 'tyres' on them and are rated to take more than the weight of a fully laden fully built up Westfalia. 

There's a second position for the wheels at the front and the aluminium blocks on the rear wheels can be removed to sit the trolley even lower if needs be. 

Note also that trolley allows full access to the engine bay to allow engine removal and installation. 

A few things which could have been better about the trolley:
1) The frame could do with sitting a little higher to make getting under the vehicle easier on a mechanics creeper. Once well into the rebuild I just sat the vehicle in one position though so I was able to put a few pieces of 18mm plywood under the wheels and then get underneath on a creeper. 2) Trolley would have also benefited from wheels which could be locked into one position so it could just be wheeled in one direction. We needed 4 people (1 on each corner) to make sure it was safe while getting onto and off the flat bed. 

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. The trolley cost me £800 to have made but I'd be happy to accept £400.

Collection only from just outside Ashby de la zouch. More pics below:

Post Reply Post Reply