The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3 fridge fail

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T3 fridge fail
    Posted: 31 May 18 at 17:27
T3/25 newbie here.  Just bought a nicely refurbed T3 high top.  I would post a picture of it but am struggling to get the DropBox link to work..
It's blue and white with an extraordinary job on the respray. Enterprise conversion. RHD, 1.9 petrol. Bloke who sold it had done a great job on exterior and mechanicals, (I drove it to Wales at w/e and it didn't miss a beat) but was a bit vague about fridge, which I cannot get to work. Apparently it works on external hookup, but I never go to those sorts of campsites, and need battery and gas power.  It's an Electrolux 4206 three way.

Switching on the 12v doesn't work at all - stationary or on the move (some forums say it would only work when driving) and I cannot get the gas to light.  I can see it flashing away but even if I leave it 20sec plus it never lights.  I'm surviving on ice blocks but they are not much use after a day!

Does anyone know of somewhere in SW london or Surrey/Berks/Hants area I might be able to get it fixed?  I'm not exactly a fridge DIY expert (or any sort of DIY expert TBH) so would rather pay an honest fixer.  Keen to avoid the £500 for a new fridge.

Sorry in advance if this has come up before and I just haven't found the thread, and thanks in advance for your patience.

T3 1988 High Top
KrisG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KrisG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 18 at 17:43
I don't know the type of fridge, but mostly they indeed only work on 12V while the motor is running.

If it works on AC feed it will also work on gas.
You need gas, oxygen and a spark to make it burn.

Once you have a flame there is a sensor in the flame that keeps the gas open as long as it is burning. It might be broken (my experience they burn, because they are in the flame).

If it cools but not enough: put it upside down for a night (outside of your bus of course :) )

Kris
Regards,
Kris
Robin_C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 18 at 17:54
Thanks Kris. Good tips. Any thoughts on where I can source a new sensor?  Will Electrolux remember this far back?!
T3 1988 High Top
KrisG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KrisG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 18 at 19:15
I source my fridge parts here : http://www.dometicersatzteile24.com/e-vendo.php?shop=ahk_en&a=catalog

Just contact them and tell them your fridge model and what you need. They even might have a 'full revision set' for your model.
They do understand english.

I have no interest in that company, I'm only a happy customer :)

Kris

Regards,
Kris
Chops View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 18 at 20:25
Are you pushing in the gas knob whilst you're pressing the igniter?  If not, try that.  If there's a hob ring, turn that on during your attempts to light the fridge.
 Post Reply Post Reply