The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3 crap mirrors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boxer998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 17 at 15:55
They don't all have convex mirrors they are available with flat mirrors as well. Both are better than the replacement for standard  and rowlesy's brackets are spot on.
slammedresto View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slammedresto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 17 at 11:39
Sent you a pm about the brackets Rowley

Cheers
Ourvwlife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ourvwlife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 18 at 23:50
Hi there, are you still making the brackets for the land rover defender mirrors?
if so could I order a set?
They would be for a 1984 VW Vanagon.
scrogins View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrogins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 18 at 13:31
My thanks to Rowlesy for the adapter brackets, just requiring a lick of paint and with a spot on fit, Ive tried every conceivable method I could come up with over the years and failed miserably to prevent the vw mirrors from streamlining on motorways or big winds like today,  I think the original ones have good style points but the manufactured style of the ball joint is terrible, theirs no way they can stay put at motorway speeds particularly, which is a great shame!

Have been out Hastings way today at all speeds and wind conditions and the Land Rover mirrors are rock solid! Ive got both the arms at 45 degrees backwards which brings the mirrors much closer to the side of the van, which is a big safety thing for the mirrors, have been in many narrow lanes with no pavements and not once managed to hit a hedge row, so far anyway, the vw ones were always flipping into the van in the lanes at the slightest contact, theirs a slight tremor to the vision at speed in wind and on bad roads but used to it now and they are convex glass both vertical and horizontal the view behind is massive including a view of the rear wheels both sides for reversing against curbs etc, good view of pavements and the dead zone either side is almost covered plus move your head and you can see those too, of course the traffic behind is a tad further way visually so you have to make allowances but not much and I always change the mirrors to convex anyway so used to it, totally recommended! 10/10 and then some! the mirror part is slightly has less width wize but taller and the whole footprint is smaller because there is no big plastic bezel as with the vw ones, the view behind is approx twice that of the vw ones, remarkable really, I paid £39.89 for the heads and arms but I went for the Bearmach ones and gloss black backs, in hind sight there is nothing wrong with plain ones and you can get a pair with arms for £22 from a company round the back of maidstone which I believe are totally fine in use and they look the same as the bearmach ones I'm using, the adapter brackets are ~£23 inc 1st class post, courtesy of rowlesy, they are nicely welded and holes countersunk which only need painting, or you can make them up yourself, I took the lazy route as did not have anything I could re-purpose and glad I did, there is also some variants on the mirror heads available, bigger with inset blind spot mirrors, I saw some on a very posh land rover earlier today and they look really trick, but about £40 quids each, plus you need the arms to hang them! ouch! no thanks! my current ones will do! The company I used on flea-bay (Truck-Upgrades) were very professional and quick! 48h post inc, however! they somehow got the order mixed up with another order and I got his plain pair but that was not a bad thing As I got a good look at the standard mirror heads, the gloss ones arrived quickly, my thanks to Paul for sorting it out, in hindsight if  I had them in front of me I would have picked the plain pair as they match the silk black of the grills better but no biggy, I can always respray the backs at a later date. so if you want rock solid mirrors go for it! Ticked them off my things to do list now.....
scrogins
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 18 at 21:32
glad your happy with them and thanks for nice write up. there always available so long as people ask... i may go down the ebay route at some point but i'm not too keen on that yet. i like the idea of reaching out to many but as yet on forums and faceache ive only had one idiot to deal with (have a guess if you like b-y and 80-90) i just a little apprehensive of dealing with more idiots..... message me for details

UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 18 at 17:16
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456