The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Syncro with ABS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Syncro with ABS
    Posted: 13 May 20 at 20:57
Is my van really rare or are there so few syncros with ABS out there?  Looking to fit new brake discs but need the reluctor ring for the ABS sensor if the old one breaks or can't be transferred.  Anyone know where these can be obtained?  1989 T3 syncro ambulance .  Yes, you've seen it at Vanfest some years ago!!
Andrew in Norway
+4790198654
andrew@domkantor.no
KrisG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 20 at 09:24
Is it different from a 2WD with ABS ? not that I have one for you, but just wondering

I even think ABS on a T3 is rare.
Regards,
Kris
Andrew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 20 at 10:54
Yes, on a 2WD the bearing sits in the brake disc which is also the hub.  On a syncro the bearing sits in its own hub and a disc is then mounted on to that.  How on earth the sensor ring is mounted on to the back of the disc afterwards is anybody's guess.  Probably the whole bearing and arm has to come off.  Considering fitting normal discs and coupling out the ABS system.  It works beautifully, but totally unnecessary.
Andrew in Norway
+4790198654
andrew@domkantor.no
 Post Reply Post Reply