The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

syncro ride hight.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: syncro ride hight.
    Posted: 28 Feb 10 at 15:36
just out of interest. if you were to lower a syncro would you encounter any problems with the suspension design. i figure 2wd springs fit the fronts and rears so getting lower springs wouldn`t be a problem although i think you`d have to use a spacer at the rear to balance the drop. 2wd rear shocks i think would work but would the front shocks work.

i know a lowered syncro defeats the object really but its just an idea atm.

lee.
jed the spread View Drop Down
PROBATION
PROBATION
Bullshitter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jed the spread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 10 at 16:10
2wd front springs are bigger than the syncro ones Lee. I have often wondered what a 2wd van would be like with syncro front springs.

jed
[URL=http://www.whatatool.com[/URL]

My real name is Jarrod Walsh my number is 07940177101 or email Jed@campervanCulture.com for enquiries.
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 10 at 16:22
jed i was wondering by how much, i know if you fit 2wd springs to a syncro you get a lift but i thought that say you fitted -70mm 2wd front springs to a syncro would you end up with say a 40mm drop then with a spacer at the rear you could turn the -70mm in to a -40mm to match the front. cant see any propblems with the rear but concerned that the front shocks may bottom out and may not have sufficient camber adjustment.
 Post Reply Post Reply