The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

syncro lt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: syncro lt
    Posted: 15 Jul 09 at 22:08

Postby ..lee.. » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:59 pm

i need one of these. 8) .
anyone on here had one or looked in to owning one. i`ve done a fair bit of searching on the net but cant find much out about them and what i can find i cant understand. :oops:

jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 09 at 22:12
cj had / has one, the orange one may be his lee
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 09 at 22:38
not sure but i think cj sold his. dont know where it went though.
Syncost Alot. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
horns apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syncost Alot. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 09 at 00:38
Look great but I worry about my MPG as is!!
russel at syncronutz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russel at syncronutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 09 at 10:17
The orange one is,was not CJ's
The top one is mine but is a work in progress. 
Miles per galon well if you worry about that then buy a mini.LOL
The LT 4x4 is not a daily driver but expedition vehicle.
They are also difficult to import as they are over 3.5ton.
If you think syncros are expensive and rare then try find a good one these.
But well worth the effort.
Russel
billyoneball View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyoneball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 09 at 15:50

I WANT ONE ,  Kin monster init !

Nearly a year without a fag !
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 09 at 19:37
i`ve not been able to find one for sale at all. saying that i`m not in a position to buy one atm. too many projects all ready but i`d love to have one in the future.

can a normall lt be converted to a syncro like a T3 or is there a lot more to them?

would love to know more about these vans.

lee.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russel at syncronutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 09 at 21:07
There are a few campers out there for sale at precent(it is a lot easier importing a vehicle like this if it is already registered as a camper due to its weight)
The prices are ranging from 9500 euro to 18500 euro and they vary from coverted panelvans to dokas.
The dokas are more readily available and as a non camper start at about 4500 euro to 9500 euro. 
As to panel vans these are hard to find and can start at about 5500 euro to 12000 euro. But in all these cases you get whot you pay for especialy with the cheap ones.It took me and my spies a long time to find mine and was not cheap.Since then i have spet whot would have bought me a very good syncro on it and it is far from finished.
Hopefully in the next few week the new roof will be on it.
When finished though it will be a 5 birth vehicle able to travel 1000 miles without refilling and be self sufficient for up to 4 weeks(water,food and all other supplyes) in some of the most testing terrain.
It would be possible to convert a 2WD LHB  to 4x4 but far more work than a syncro (LT 4X4 is not known at a syncro)
Suspension is totaly different.
Russel
Syncost Alot. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
horns apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syncost Alot. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 09 at 21:40
"When finished though it will be a 5 birth vehicle able to travel 1000 miles without refilling and be self sufficient for up to 4 weeks(water,food and all other supplyes) in some of the most testing terrain."

What are the plans? Where you thinking of going?...."Ahhhhh the plains of Africa"..........

I'm sold......Let us know when you want to sell, Russ!! LOL
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 09 at 22:03
thanks russel, be very interested to see some pics of the build when its done. as the kids get bigger i can see us having to upgrade to an lt for longer breaks away, untill then i`ll keep researching.

cheers lee.
taigagreen View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taigagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 16:06

Found this for sale here in Norway, its a bit tatty but has been converted to turbo/intercooler with a donation from a volvo (which supposedly has the same i-6 diesel). He wanted 3000 Euro for it.

I like LT's too :D

Tage is my name :D
Too many T3's...
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taigagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 16:18

Here's one! Double cab, 2.4d, 240 000 kms, 1990 mod. I see its actually the same car as pictured above. Was for sale two years ago. A few hundred euro cheaper now though..

http://www.nettiauto.com/volkswagen/lt/2539061 (in finnish, so use translator)

Edited by taigagreen - 21 Jul 09 at 16:19
Too many T3's...
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taigagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 16:23

I tried the translator :D

Equipment Data 
Interior and comforts 
Power steering, stereo, Navigator 
Other 
Towing Hook, Turbo 
Further information 

This productive forest deer, elk and crew neighbor Pajero. Cabin Crew + lava 2.5M. The locks on both axes. Good condition. Exchange mp.

Too many T3's...
jed the spread View Drop Down
PROBATION
PROBATION
Bullshitter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jed the spread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 16:35
Originally posted by Syncost Alot. Syncost Alot. wrote:

Where you thinking of going?...."

Surrey LOL

jed
[URL=http://www.whatatool.com[/URL]

My real name is Jarrod Walsh my number is 07940177101 or email Jed@campervanCulture.com for enquiries.
syncrostan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncrostan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 17:00

That Noriker is superb, just a wee bit too wide for some uk lanes.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russel at syncronutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 18:47
The biggest pity about the norika is the fact that there were only about 16 made. They never went into production.
Russel
joolsvw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joolsvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 09 at 23:30
Hey Ive seen several of these stomping about as campers - indeed I saw one in France last year next to mine.  Was a high tonnage vehicle as Russel mentions but they are big trucks.  The dude with it had his family too and had driven from Germany to go camping.

They are out there - they are ugly - but they are a bit of a balrog too!

I notice too Mercedes have a vehicle that looks almost the same (though clearly not in 4*4 version)

J
you know - people never cease to amaze me!
T3 Atlantic 1.6TD, Syncro 16 DOKA TDi
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 09 at 20:06
there seems to be quite a few LT fans out there.           good to know i`m in good company.

i`d love a LT 4x4 but dont think i could live with the claimed 100kmh top speed if using it as a long distance van and they seem to fetch very strong money standard. so by the time you address that and camper it out i`m guessing these vans will hold a pretty big investment.

also wouldn`t fit in the garageUnhappy. never mind its good to have dreams maybee one day. 

may just weld some landrover axles on a florida...................Lamp

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russel at syncronutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 09 at 20:45
Androver axles.
Far to narrow.
When i first bought mine i was going to fit Volvo 303 (portal) axles to it but desided against all the work and hassle. 
This would have made it close to the Noriker speck. I opted rather to lift it 5cm modify the front doors and all the wheel arches then fit unimog 404 rims and 10.5 R 20 NPT continental tyres.
Have progressed on it a bit recently. Removed the standard LT hightop and it now has a reimo hightop on it.
Russel
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taigagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 09 at 22:34
Russell: I'd love to see some pics of that thing :D
Too many T3's...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>