The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SWEDEN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
johnd333 View Drop Down
Limited Access
Limited Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnd333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 12 at 13:57
Originally posted by Holydiver Holydiver wrote:

Another new member never to return LOLLOLLOL

Well the welcome s/he got wasn't exactly ecstatic. what ever happened to the principle of "give a man enough rope and he'll hang himself"; or better still "inocent 'til proven guilty"
One's real life is often the life that one does not lead.
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 12 at 14:07
Is there an echo?

He could have joined,took the time to introduce himself to everyone and then given us details of his trip to Sweden and offer to bring back any parts required.....but alas that didn't happen so straight away the alarm bells started ringing.

Internet forums can be dangerous places and if you don't keep your wits about you,you and your money are easily parted...
http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/scammer-alert_topic72567.html

Edited by Steve B - 23 Mar 12 at 21:08
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 12 at 19:12
Originally posted by johnd333 johnd333 wrote:

Well the welcome s/he got wasn't exactly ecstatic. what ever happened to the principle of "give a man enough rope and he'll hang himself"; or better still "inocent 'til proven guilty"

It would be great if you could trust everything posted on the internet. Fact is though that for every person who's willing to give the benefit of the doubt, there are 3 waiting to abouse their trust

its no good proving someone guilty if theyve disappeared with hundreds of pounds worth of peoples stuff.

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 12 at 19:15
by the way, im not saying this guys anything other than honest... but as Steve said it looks dodgy as hell.

Transfer it to real life... walk into a busy pub and tell all the complete strangers your off to the bar... see if they'll give you their cash to get them a drink

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 12 at 21:15
Oh and to repeat....no similar thread on VZi offering the same service or,seeing as he's bringing back a Samba,offering to bring back anything aircooled either...nothing,zero,zilch...fuck all!!!

johnd333 View Drop Down
Limited Access
Limited Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnd333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 12 at 22:21
It is very likely that I'll be going up that direction myself for the summer - but I  won't be offering to bring anything back for anyone. Having spent an entire lifetime trying to coax a prolonged life out of some old banger with a long expired "use by" date, I always count myself lucky if I get it back to base under its own steam.
Back to the topic; I think you are preaching to the converted. Surely ALL the members of this club are mature and streetwise, and therefore very unlikely to fall for the platitudes of some  inept, amateur con artist.
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 12 at 22:30
This place is not a club.
johnd333 View Drop Down
Limited Access
Limited Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnd333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 12 at 22:35
So what is it then if its not an (informal) club? An English language tutorial perhaps; with special emphasis on punctuation and spelling?????
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 12 at 22:37
It's a VW Transporter internet forum...simple.
johnd333 View Drop Down
Limited Access
Limited Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnd333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 12 at 22:41
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 12 at 22:45
No thanks because I know for a fact that Wikipedia is 100% true....

Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 12 at 22:45
Not sure what youre trying to prove. Its not a club...

It an online resource, and discussion forum.
You dont have to join anything to access 99% of the information on the brick-yard. If you chose to register for the forum all you get is the ability to post on the forum.

Sorry if you'd like it to be a club, but posting links to fucking wikipedia isnt going to make it one LOL

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 12 at 22:47
LOL
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 12 at 22:48
i'll see your wikipedia and raise you a legal-dictionary

LOL

Edited by Tee3 - 23 Mar 12 at 22:48

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 12 at 22:50
I do love a good debate LOL
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
caron666 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M NOT A BIRD, HONEST!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caron666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 12 at 22:54

"Surely ALL the members of this club are mature and streetwise, and therefore very unlikely to fall for the platitudes of some  inept, amateur con artist."

please do not include me in this. I am a fucking idiot.  I would easily fall for an inept platypus.

I mean I am not sure wether I have a tiny cock or a massive clit!

Edited by caron666 - 23 Mar 12 at 22:58
If it's got tits or wheels sooner or later you're going to get problems.
johnd333 View Drop Down
Limited Access
Limited Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnd333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 12 at 22:54
Oh dear. Well how about the OED definition then:- http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/club
Anyway what's the big deal? Does it matter a toss to anyone if I chose to refer to it as an informal club?  Do you really find that offensive?Confused
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 12 at 23:03
Referring to the 'Yard as a club and then quoting Wikipedia and the Oxford Dictionary to try and back that up....'kin ell you must be bored! LOL
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 12 at 23:06
Originally posted by johnd333 johnd333 wrote:

Anyway what's the big deal? Does it matter a toss to anyone if I chose to refer to it as an informal club?  Do you really find that offensive?Confused

Yes. It does... and now you mention it, actually I do. When I, and many others have (for years) put in a lot of time and effort to make it clear that this website, and forum isnt a club so we dont get tied up in all the bullshit that goes along with being a club.
It annoys me that someone comes to a place that this that has happily existed for years without their input and starts telling us that it is something it isnt, and never has been.

Its disrespectful to the people that run the place and the people who have gone out of their way to give you a place to come without the restrictions clubs place on their members.

You want a club, go join one, there are loads. The brick-yard isnt one. Get over it. 

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

light View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote light Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 12 at 23:10
It`s only a club when you are after a insurance quote from Mr flux  wouldn't it ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>