The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Summer run(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timaldiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Summer run(s)
    Posted: 19 Aug 14 at 18:26
Hello all 

Been enjoying the school holidays? We have. Did a 820 mile round trip down to Le Mans for a wedding last weekend!

All 4 of us loaded up, left Brighton on Thursday to catch the 12.05 ferry from Dover to Calais. 6 hour drive on the other side plus 2 breaks (one to refill the diesel tank). Great weekend. Lots of fun and good company, followed by the same journey back.

The van was the star - safe comfortable transport all the way down and back. Space for the missus to move around and for the kids to have a bench seat each in the bak to play games and watch movies. So lovely to do a weekend of that kind of thing (even if I slept like a proverbial the first night we got back!)

Off again this Sat... same journey via Dover/Calais. Staying in Deauville for 5 nights, then Le Touquet for 3, then Ile de Re for 2, then who knows where. Away for 3 weeks in total. Can't wait.

Trying to work out my mpg for the weekend just gone. Filled the tank twice on a 410 mile journey. What's the capacity of the Florida - anyone know? Who can do the math? I don't care (you can't really can you!) - just be interested to know.

Anyway happy hols all. Hope the van holds up! Just resprayed the bumpers to make her feel better about being caned around Europe! ;)
-------
I have a history of VW LT camper van addiction: http://campervanman.co.uk
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 14 at 18:49
We're off over on sat too!! Heading for Normandy!
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

mat_the_cat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 14 at 23:29
Lucky devils! Only reasonable trip planned is the 600 mile round trip to Kent for a wedding in September. But yes, the space is great. If the roads are quiet and straight my missus gets in the back for a kip, so we can make reasonable progress through the night - which is when I much prefer driving anyway.

Even if the van doesn't hold up, at least you have your home with you so you can camp where you are! Enjoy, both of you.
Mid engined, 6 cylinder, turbocharged 2 seater - it can only be a VW LT!
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 14 at 23:57
My only gripe is that you lot darn sarf can get across to le continent quite quickly. The difficulty with the beauty of Northumberland is that it takes  ferry from North Shields to get there in twenty hours.

Grr.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 14 at 08:09
That's a bonus!
That's seven pints and a kip in my book!!
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

timaldiss View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timaldiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 14 at 22:16
Originally posted by jason k jason k wrote:

We're off over on sat too!! Heading for Normandy!
Which crossing?
-------
I have a history of VW LT camper van addiction: http://campervanman.co.uk
roop 154 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roop 154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 14 at 18:11
Hi all, we just got back from 5 days honeymoon in France in the V8 beast, no real issues to report, just good times and happy motoring, first real run out for the old girl since the new engine went in year before last, anyway, real reason for the response, Ihear Tim Aldiss, creator of this thread is organising a meet in september, anyone got any ideas where and when ? as we'd love to roll along and meet some new faces and talk LT's till the sun goes down !! Many thanks in advance, Roop & Nellie
Nellie the LT V8 4.6 MONSTER !
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 14 at 18:37
Another V8 LTThumbs Up Pictures from you too please.

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/late-summer-meet-up_topic85415.html
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
roop 154 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roop 154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 14 at 13:13
have tried to post pics on here before to no avail, would be easier to look me up on Facebook, Rupert Davison
Nellie the LT V8 4.6 MONSTER !
 Post Reply Post Reply