The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange fan whiring noise

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strange fan whiring noise
    Posted: 17 Jun 19 at 12:43
Hi All,
Just bought myself a Crafter as an "upgrade" to my T3, thought I'd go for something a bit bigger and more reliable for those long Euro Holidays, it was a good thought but three weeks into ownership and I've had more problems with it than I ever have with the ol' T3.
Anyways, my current issue might not be anything at all but when you start up the wagon you can here a relay click followed by a sort of fan/motor whiring noise which lasts for approx 5 seconds and then stops.  Not sure what it is but I presume it should be doing what ever its doing, however after running for about 5mins the relay clicks again and the noise returns, but this time it stays on indefinitely.  I have no issues with running at the moment and the van pulls well with no problems (except a flashing glow plug light, but that's another story/issue).

Does anyone know what this noise is and should I be concerned?  I still have 2 months warranty so I'd like to get it sorted if needed.

Cheers
Melvin

Post Reply Post Reply