Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

steering knock on T5.1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 13 at 21:02
Originally posted by kawolsky kawolsky wrote:

Originally posted by Tony M Tony M wrote:

Originally posted by kawolsky kawolsky wrote:

Mine still does it after being fixed twice!!

Mine doesn't. I bet my van is more minging than your van.
bet you it isn't.. And mine is dented to fuck as well!

I've just cleaned my cab with a microfibre cloth that I use to wipe the drool from my dog's face after a walk. I've just walked him too so the cloth was nice and damp.
Poo IS funny.
FABRIK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FABRIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 13 at 15:08
Please add your details to the list on the T5 forum if your van has the steering knock fault.

18 on the list already (only started thread yesterday)

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=323591

Lets let everyone know there is an issue. Passing on link to VW customer service too.

please also message me your reg and chassis no. I will also send VW these details. And remember to contact your dealer and log the fault.

Lets Go to work on VW Wink
Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 13 at 23:45
Originally posted by FABRIK FABRIK wrote:

Please add your details to the list on the T5 forum if your van has the steering knock fault.

Lets let everyone know there is an issue. Passing on link to VW customer service too.

please also message me your reg and chassis no. I will also send VW these details. And remember to contact your dealer and log the fault.

You should start threads lists on the following topics,

T5 2.5 water pump failures.

T5 2.5 power assist pumps failures.

T5 2.5 manifolds cracking.

T5 2.5 oil cooler failures.

T5 2.5 turbo hoses.

T5 2.5 corrosion around side door handles.

T5 2.5 central locking wiring below seats.

T5.1 EGR valves, pile of *%^%.

T5.1 Drive shafts with no splines.

T5.1 corrosion around side door handles. Oh sorry this was a feature carried through.

T5.1 all the missing standard items of a T5, under shielding, brakes wear sensors, lack of paint etc.

I have compressed the list down but if anyone wants to add.

Beside I won't tell them about the knock or they will want to charge it as an extra!

Knock Knock?

Who's there?

A T5 with the faulty steering problem. Sorry that one just came out!LOL

The answer VW will give, "Funds cleared, F%^$ Off!" Standard line to any warranty issue. Would love to see a different response from VW to items listed above in a constructive manor but I would not hold out too much hope.Shocked
mick g View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 13 at 22:02
Originally posted by Alonline Alonline wrote:

Originally posted by FABRIK FABRIK wrote:

You should start threads lists on the following topics,

T5 2.5 water pump failures.

T5 2.5 power assist pumps failures.

T5 2.5 manifolds cracking.

T5 2.5 oil cooler failures.

T5 2.5 turbo hoses.

T5 2.5 corrosion around side door handles.

T5 2.5 central locking wiring below seats.

T5.1 EGR valves, pile of *%^%.

T5.1 Drive shafts with no splines.

T5.1 corrosion around side door handles. Oh sorry this was a feature carried through.

T5.1 all the missing standard items of a T5, under shielding, brakes wear sensors, lack of paint etc.

I have compressed the list down but if anyone wants to add.

Beside I won't tell them about the knock or they will want to charge it as an extra!

Knock Knock?

Who's there?

A T5 with the faulty steering problem. Sorry that one just came out!LOL

The answer VW will give, "Funds cleared, F%^$ Off!" Standard line to any warranty issue. Would love to see a different response from VW to items listed above in a constructive manor but I would not hold out too much hope.Shocked
I sometimes wonder why my van doesn't need anything doing when I read threads like this... Iv'e had it over 5 years now and apart from service items it's not even needed a bulb.Smile...
Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 13 at 11:19
Do you ever take it out?
zedzedeleven View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zedzedeleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 13 at 13:11
No problems with mine either, pauper model.
1.9 85ps swb 2004 in friesan green.

bring me sunshine.
mick g View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 13 at 13:21

Do you ever take it out?
It's a Sportline Kombi 174 remapped, just coming up to 60k miles and used everyday as a work van. Nothing has fell off it, gone rusty, knocked etc.. We love it, use it for holidays and work, it's just a proper bit of kit really. All good with VW hereSmile
Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 13 at 16:15
What country was it made in Germany or Spain?

my last one was Spain, I can tell by the build quality.Confused
mick g View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 13 at 18:51

What country was it made in Germany or Spain?

my last one was Spain, I can tell by the build quality.Confused
I'm pretty sure it was Germany, does that matter?
Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 13 at 22:10
May do as my one the recent T5.1 has all the standard added features of EGR valve, side door rust, drive shafts, lack of under bonnet and internal paint, side door falling off, no under shielding, no brake pad sensors, no temperature gauge. 
sunny43.5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny43.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 13 at 05:42
Have to agree with you Alonline our latest T5 is sadly lacking what had been standard on our previous standard model I think they introduced a Pauper's Pauper version . So much missing but no reduction in price here in Aus . Our latest one I had to adjust the front doors as they had more rebound than trampoline now they sit inwards from the body . Will be fun at first service when I hit them up for a remedy , especially when there were  adds on TV here promoting how the VW doors shut with a dull thud they used several other car makers for comparison and told the viewers "Just like a Golf" Ha! Here is the Aussie version  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qwz_4wmF-4 .

Edited by sunny43.5 - 30 Oct 13 at 11:44
Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 13 at 16:12
If the transport door closes like that now customs would rip it apart looking for blocks of cocaine as the vans are now baked bean tins!
sunny43.5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny43.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 13 at 13:13
No chance with ours when new I gutted the whole thing from front to rear and fitted 10ml thick compressed wool underlay to every outer metal surface [except front doors ] those had the stuff glued to the inner metal surface and the back of the door trims .Ours is so quiet inside it makes it a pleasure to drive . You can see here from VW Watercooled site http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f136/new-t5-project-80976.html
bananaman View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bananaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 13 at 22:05
Ive fitted sound deadening in all panels on mine too, makes a massive differance-just like being in a car  so very happy. Every door closes with a nice solid thud now instad of that horrible ding! Just why vw dont fit it from new i will never know-it makes any vehicle feel so much more solid.
T5 T32 SWB Kombi 130ps
Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 13 at 23:54
Originally posted by bananaman bananaman wrote:

Ive fitted sound deadening in all panels on mine too, makes a massive differance-just like being in a car  so very happy. Every door closes with a nice solid thud now instad of that horrible ding! Just why vw dont fit it from new i will never know-it makes any vehicle feel so much more solid.

Very Simple, it reduces the profit and after all van owners and operators are sub human in VW eyes and there to be given sub standard parts and service! Comment welcome from VW Commercial Vehicle Director welcome?

If some has his email please forward.

Edited by Alonline - 28 Oct 13 at 23:54
bananaman View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bananaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 13 at 19:20
Have you run out of tablets again al? Wink
T5 T32 SWB Kombi 130ps
Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 13 at 19:54
Originally posted by bananaman bananaman wrote:

Have you run out of tablets again al? Wink

Na they have just started to work again!
sunny43.5 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny43.5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 13 at 11:45
Al you make my day I can honestly say I look forwards to your posts . Thanks from down under we sometimes need a good laugh to get through .
bananaman View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bananaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 13 at 19:27
I cant agree more-its always good for a giggle LOL
T5 T32 SWB Kombi 130ps
Alonline View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
VW Customer Service

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 13 at 22:40
You want to see me when I really get annoyed and get pissed off.

When I was a Director in a larger firm I sat back and left my underlings do the bullshit interaction and when supplier were messing about or not performing they got an invite to meet me where they got shredded and taken off just above the ankle.

The girls knew my hatred for the word assume," Make an ass out of U and ME." It means you were a lazy bastard and couldn't be bothered to check. They used to try and guess how long the lamb to slaughter would be before the word was mentioned and my voice would become raised.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>