The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

steering knock on T5.1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willhollin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 10 at 13:03
Originally posted by Mr Hedgehog Mr Hedgehog wrote:

The van is booked in for the number plate lights and the ECU update on Thursday Smile
Looking forward to see if it make's it smoother

Wonder if brand new 140ps models will come with his new improved ECU software?
PendlePerformance View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PendlePerformance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 10 at 17:34

The van is booked in for the number plate lights and the ECU update on Thursday Smile

If not pop over to us a remap really done make these run smoother.
Maha LPS3000 Rolling Road Custom Tuning
Animated Banner Removed by Admin. Please read the forum rules
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 10 at 17:59
Originally posted by PendlePerformance PendlePerformance wrote:

if you remapped my van and there was a later ECU update ...would it affect or cancel your work?
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 10 at 19:54
Originally posted by kawolsky kawolsky wrote:

Originally posted by PendlePerformance PendlePerformance wrote:

if you remapped my van and there was a later ECU update ...would it affect or cancel your work?

Yes, because at the moment, these guys that are remapping the facelift are doing it a different way because of the anti tuning software on the new model. I'm waiting for the ABT remap. Fuck everyone else.
Poo IS funny.
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 10 at 20:34
mine went in again yesterday, "mass airflow sensor", this van will never be old!
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 10 at 21:12
Originally posted by kawolsky kawolsky wrote:

mine went in again yesterday, "mass airflow sensor", this van will never be old!

Oh shit!

Poo IS funny.
swiss View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 10 at 23:10
Ouch
Sorry K mate
Jokes aside this aint funny any more
Vansales.com
http://www.vansales.com
http://www.swissvantek.com T5 Accessories
http://www.brokerweb.com
Trade/ CCL only finance website

01656 674620
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 10 at 23:14
Originally posted by swiss swiss wrote:

Ouch
Sorry K mate
Jokes aside this aint funny any more
Just part of owning a modern vehicle according to the R.A.C. man that came and checked the fault for me on Sunday.
Rod_VW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod_VW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 10 at 15:06
I've just ordered a new 140ps T30, please can someone with Vagcom (VCDS) do a scan of before and after the ECU update and post it so that I can compare it with whatever comes in my new one. New one probably won't be here until end of Jan at the earliest though.

Rod,

vwbooks

2013 LWB T32 T5GP 180ps High Roof Self Build
Previously
2011 LWB T5GP
2007 LWB T5
2002 LWB T4
1999 LWB T4
1980 T3
Mr Hedgehog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 10 at 15:28

Just called to see how the van was coming along and spoke to the most miserable twunt I have come across in agesAngry

I’m quite looking forward to collecting it and explaining to him if he doesn’t like to deal with customers in a courteous manner then he’s in the wrong job because customer service means that

Maybe the last T5 driver he met ploughed his wife Confused

Jumped Ship to a Vito but I hear a 2021 T6 calling, only real difference is the Vito cab is more car like.
Rod_VW View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod_VW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 10 at 15:52
Mr Hedgehog...

If you are ever in Shropshire and need a dealer go to Greenhous Volkswagen Van Centre in Shrewsbury. Sales, Parts and Service will all treat you well there. It's one of the few VW dealerships that I have found in recent years that is staffed by enthusiasts.

Edited by Rod_VW - 25 Nov 10 at 15:52
Rod,

vwbooks

2013 LWB T32 T5GP 180ps High Roof Self Build
Previously
2011 LWB T5GP
2007 LWB T5
2002 LWB T4
1999 LWB T4
1980 T3
rallye dale View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rallye dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 10 at 18:41
Bought mine from there although it wasnt called that then, wasnt that impressed with them, the guy in parts at the time was a dick
My Van..http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/topic26281&KW=_post196345.html#196345

My Car..http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=288209

T30 LWB 2.5 130 REMAPPED 56 PLATE
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 10 at 11:11
No ECU update done, they have to order in the number plate lights so that wasn't done either and they said it's normal to have a rusty rear anti roll bar from new.. Good old VW customer service strikes again

It's no wonder when I had to make a decision for work this year I brought 20 Toyota IQ's instead of the VW fox urban
Jumped Ship to a Vito but I hear a 2021 T6 calling, only real difference is the Vito cab is more car like.
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 10 at 11:23

No ECU update done, they have to order in the number plate lights so that wasn't done either and they said it's normal to have a rusty rear anti roll bar from new.. Good old VW customer service strikes again

It's no wonder when I had to make a decision for work this year I brought 20 Toyota IQ's instead of the VW fox urban
just checked and mine isn't rusty...Black painted or powder coated, not bare metal that'll rust.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 10 at 11:54
Cheers for having a look kawolsky
I'm going to take it up with VW HQ next week. I just think the new guy at my VW garage took a dislike to me but I did put him straight a bit when I collected the van
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 10 at 13:31

Cheers for having a look kawolsky
I'm going to take it up with VW HQ next week. I just think the new guy at my VW garage took a dislike to me but I did put him straight a bit when I collected the van
no prob... don't let them fob you off.
mickeyverwood View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeyverwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 10 at 13:21
Touching on a slightly old subject I know, but finally found an hour to sit about for my dealer to look at my steering clonk....  seems Mr VW wants to replace my 15,000 mile drive shaft with one a little less noisy, thank god for warranty!!

T5 2L 180
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 10 at 15:28
Originally posted by mickeyverwood mickeyverwood wrote:

Touching on a slightly old subject I know, but finally found an hour to sit about for my dealer to look at my steering clonk....  seems Mr VW wants to replace my 15,000 mile drive shaft with one a little less noisy, thank god for warranty!!

that's interesting. would like to know what parts they actually replace if you wouldn't mind.... mine totally stopped knocking during the really cold weather, now temp is back up it's doing it again. They wanted to "try changing some bits" but i won't let them until i hear about some actual diagnosis instead of trial-and-error!
mickeyverwood View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeyverwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 10 at 16:37
Well knock is still there for now, parts are all on back order, hope to get it sorted in the new year. As soon as I know whats been replaced I will post for all to see. My local dealer seemed to know exactly where to look, so its obviously been picked up before. I only mention that because I know from earlier posts that it sounded like some dealers have been scratching thier heads!
T5 2L 180
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 10 at 16:56
Originally posted by mickeyverwood mickeyverwood wrote:

Well knock is still there for now, parts are all on back order, hope to get it sorted in the new year. As soon as I know whats been replaced I will post for all to see. My local dealer seemed to know exactly where to look, so its obviously been picked up before. I only mention that because I know from earlier posts that it sounded like some dealers have been scratching thier heads!

suggesting demand for these parts....my local VW centre claim there are no reported issues so i'd like some ammo to chuck at them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>