The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

steering knock on T5.1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smidsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 10 at 22:11

my clonk has almost completely disappeared since i had new tyres put on the other week.

falken stz-01 235/50 r18 btw.
ka4564 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ka4564 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 10 at 20:17
i have a 10 plate with 3,000 miles i get a knock at low speeds and while on lock, it seems to become more noticeable when i am about to accelerate - van is going in to have it checked. They say that they have had no complaints!
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 10 at 07:58
Originally posted by ka4564 ka4564 wrote:

i have a 10 plate with 3,000 miles i get a knock at low speeds and while on lock, it seems to become more noticeable when i am about to accelerate - van is going in to have it checked. They say that they have had no complaints!
Funny that... i was told the same. Mine went in and they "couldn't find anything wrong". I took it away and am letting it get worse, which it is. Would you mind posting up the outcome when it's been in?

Edited by kawolsky - 15 Nov 10 at 07:59
ka4564 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ka4564 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 10 at 19:25
will do
energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 10 at 19:33
Originally posted by kawolsky kawolsky wrote:

Funny that... i was told the same. Mine went in and they "couldn't find anything wrong". I took it away and am letting it get worse, which it is. Would you mind posting up the outcome when it's been in?

I`m convinced that there is a big academy somewhere where all sales people go to learn to look surprised and tell all customers "Hmmm, no sir, thats the first time we`ve had that issue" no matter how many times it crops up

!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
Kev The Gas View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

BUS WANKER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev The Gas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 10 at 15:52
Originally posted by Kev The Gas Kev The Gas wrote:

Yup!

Im waiting a bit so they can practice on other victims first.

I spoke to soon, regen light came on today,  I drove out of my way to find a bypass to carry out regen process but light would not go out.

Eventually the coil light kept flashing and engine management light came on and van went into Limp mode.

VAG assist came and spent 1 1/2  trying to clear lights.

Fault found "Regeneration Period  Exceeded"

Van is booked in tomorrow 8am to check for software updates ! So far 1/2 day lost work and
tomorrow ? Have requested a test drive with Tech to show him the knock.

I thought I was helping the van by filling up with Shell V Power diesel last Friday, maybe not.

Kev.

Kev.

Edited by Kev The Gas - 17 Nov 10 at 15:54
T5.1 T32 LWB Kombi 140 ps. Sold

T5.1 Caravelle Executive 2.0BiTDI
180PS DSG Sold

T5.1 Kombi LWB 180 BiTDI DSG   

T6 California Beach 150 DSG
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 10 at 17:09

Yup!

Im waiting a bit so they can practice on other victims first.

I spoke to soon, regen light came on today,  I drove out of my way to find a bypass to carry out regen process but light would not go out.

Eventually the coil light kept flashing and engine management light came on and van went into Limp mode.

VAG assist came and spent 1 1/2  trying to clear lights.

Fault found "Regeneration Period  Exceeded"

Van is booked in tomorrow 8am to check for software updates ! So far 1/2 day lost work and
tomorrow ? Have requested a test drive with Tech to show him the knock.

I thought I was helping the van by filling up with Shell V Power diesel last Friday, maybe not.

Kev.

Kev.
I can confirm there is a software update, mine was given it to fix exactly what's happened to you....and it transformed my vans smoothness and it feels  so much more responsive..

Edited by kawolsky - 17 Nov 10 at 17:10
swiss View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 10 at 00:40
Originally posted by energysolutions energysolutions wrote:

Originally posted by kawolsky kawolsky wrote:

I`m convinced that there is a big academy somewhere where all sales people go to learn to look surprised and tell all customers "Hmmm, no sir, thats the first time we`ve had that issue" no matter how many times it crops up

I think all professions have one
Vansales.com
http://www.vansales.com
http://www.swissvantek.com T5 Accessories
http://www.brokerweb.com
Trade/ CCL only finance website

01656 674620
Vanorak
Vanorak

BUS WANKER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev The Gas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 10 at 19:18
I had my van at the dealers this morning, had the ecu remap  feels like a new van.

I find I change up into 2nd gear a lot sooner ?, van feels a bit more fun tho.

The knock :- had a test drive with the tech he could feel the vibration thro steering wheel, slight thud from the floor, and slight knock on a full r hand lock turn.

A report has been sent to VW.

I must admit if they said they wanted the van for a few days I would decline, I cant be without the van  now until March /April.

Kev.

180PS DSG Sold

swiss View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 10 at 20:27
GOT IT!

You dont need a mechanic you need a priest
The van is haunted by Your Old Sportline
Needs an excorcism
Vansales.com
http://www.vansales.com
http://www.swissvantek.com T5 Accessories
http://www.brokerweb.com
Trade/ CCL only finance website

01656 674620
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 10 at 21:59

I had my van at the dealers this morning, had the ecu remap  feels like a new van.

I find I change up into 2nd gear a lot sooner ?, van feels a bit more fun tho.

The knock :- had a test drive with the tech he could feel the vibration thro steering wheel, slight thud from the floor, and slight knock on a full r hand lock turn.

A report has been sent to VW.

I must admit if they said they wanted the van for a few days I would decline, I cant be without the van  now until March /April.

Kev.
Same as mine, i was really surprised how different it was/is. It accelerates "properly" nowSmile
Mr Hedgehog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 10 at 18:16
Thats it I'm going to phone up and book mine in tomorrow for the software update it needs both number plate light holders replacing under waranty anyway.
Jumped Ship to a Vito but I hear a 2021 T6 calling, only real difference is the Vito cab is more car like.
Vanorak
Vanorak

BUS WANKER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev The Gas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 10 at 18:33
Mr H

Did you manage to buy those alloys that were in the for sale section ??

Kev.

180PS DSG Sold

Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 10 at 19:35
Alright Kev, not a done deal yet as the seller is trying to decide on what new wheels to buy to replace them but is a nice enough chap and only lives round the corner from me. Couldn't believe I had never seen his sportline about before
Jumped Ship to a Vito but I hear a 2021 T6 calling, only real difference is the Vito cab is more car like.
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 10 at 20:23
Originally posted by Mr Hedgehog Mr Hedgehog wrote:

Thats it I'm going to phone up and book mine in tomorrow for the software update it needs both number plate light holders replacing under waranty anyway.

Let us know if your van goes any better. I desperately need more power.
Poo IS funny.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 10 at 21:29
Originally posted by Tony M Tony M wrote:

Will do Tony, I'm going to use my OBD2 scan gauge to do a before and after print out and see what the figures are
Tony M View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Whine Merchant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 10 at 21:31

Will do Tony, I'm going to use my OBD2 scan gauge to do a before and after print out and see what the figures are

What's Star Wars got to do with remapping T5's?
Poo IS funny.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 10 at 21:50

Well see you use R2D2's cock to interface with the vans clunge port

OBD2 is the plug in port by your right knee when driving the van, and a scan gauge shows you stuff like boost presure absolute manifold presure, TPS, mpg etc in real time with 300 hrs data logging so you can review how its been performing

Edited by Mr Hedgehog - 21 Nov 10 at 21:52
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 10 at 08:09

As Swiss pointed out.... mine looks like a stormtroopers helmet.... the boy is a pervert!
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 10 at 13:00
The van is booked in for the number plate lights and the ECU update on Thursday Smile
Looking forward to see if it make's it smoother
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>