The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

STARTING IRISH LT OWNERS CLUB

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryankelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 13 at 15:06
Here's an update on the Oxford Island weekend (Oxo 13) put on by the Northern Ireland Beetle Owners Club. I was wrong when I said it was in June. It is actually in May; Fri. 10 - Sun. 12. There are limited electric hook ups, but if you can get there early it is possible to get one. It is located just off the M1 motorway near Lurgan in Co. Armagh. Why not get a few LTs there and have a chat about this all Ireland group?

ps Good to see Marlow at Dubshed last weekend with his awesome 4x4 and the T4 club as well.

Cheers

Bryan

No. Ireland reg 1980 SWB LT28 2.0 ltr lpg / petrol - Hot Wheels campervan
Marlow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 13 at 15:09
The announcement for OXO is here: http://www.forum.nboc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3873

I've also posted a thread on Vandalism: http://www.vandalism.ie/forums/showthread.php?60-10-12th-May-2013-OXO

I will be up there, like the last 2 years. But it'll be one of the LT's this time, I'm bringing.

/M
1989 VW LT40 4x4 pop-top
1994 VW LT45 4x4 doka
1997 VW Transporter Syncro TDI
Marlow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 13 at 15:14
The announcement for OXO is here.

I've also posted a thread on Vandalism.

I will be up there, like the last 2 years. But it'll be one of the LT's this time, I'm bringing.

/M
1989 VW LT40 4x4 pop-top
1994 VW LT45 4x4 doka
Rosco View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 13 at 15:43
Greetings fellow Irish LT'ers!

Haven't been logged in here in a while but the old bus is still on the road... (touch wood).
Has anyone found good mechanics or parts suppliers in Ireland for the older LTs?
1988 LT35 6cylDiesel 5spd HiTop Camper - needs tlc, spare bits, and an understanding mechanic...
Ronan View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 13 at 14:59
Would be happy to get involved. If the van makes it back to Ireland. presently broke down and getting some work done in the UK.

Spent nearly all of the last three years living and traveling in our 1992 lt35 TD full time. All over Spain, Portugal, France, England, Whales, Morocco and Western Sahara. So really hope we can get her back to Ireland. Here's our ongoing blog http://tiarasatdawn.blogspot.fr/
Marlow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 13 at 12:24
What's the issue with getting it back and what's the problem with it ?

/M
1989 VW LT40 4x4 pop-top
1994 VW LT45 4x4 doka
Ronan View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 13 at 16:11
Hi marlow

Got a few things fixed already on it. Present stumbling block is finding a radiator for it or someplace that will build a core for it.
Marlow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 13 at 16:23
Originally posted by Ronan Ronan wrote:

Got a few things fixed already on it. Present stumbling block is finding a radiator for it or someplace that will build a core for it.

The part no you're looking for is "075 121 253 K"

VW doesn't have them in stock anymore, but Hella and Nissens should still have radiators for the Mk1 LT.

I have an LT, that I'm currently taking apart, but it would probably be cheaper to source a radiator where the van itself is located right now. Just talk to the local motorfactors or use http://www.findapart.co.uk/ to find the part.

/M
1989 VW LT40 4x4 pop-top
1994 VW LT45 4x4 doka
Marlow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 13 at 16:24
LT radiator, brand new from Hella: http://seekpart24.com/hella/radiator-engine-cooling-8mk376726721

/M
1989 VW LT40 4x4 pop-top
1994 VW LT45 4x4 doka
Ronan View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 13 at 01:02
Thanks for the link marlow

Begining to get some replies from emails and calls now so I think I can get it for less then that price. The code on my rad ends in a J does anyone know whats the difference in the rads the last letter signifies
Marlow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 13 at 05:40
The rad has been superseeded a few times over the years. as you can see, the Hella part lists 4 part numbers, that it fits for, so any of those should work, if you find a 2nd hand one.

/M
1989 VW LT40 4x4 pop-top
1994 VW LT45 4x4 doka
mk1veedub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk1veedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 13 at 14:02
hi danny id be intrested in a irish lt club as well  im based in wexford not far from rosslare port
mk1veedub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk1veedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 13 at 14:04
marlow just wondering are you breaking that lt  to sell parts or is it spares for your self 
Marlow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 13 at 14:10
Originally posted by mk1veedub mk1veedub wrote:

marlow just wondering are you breaking that lt  to sell parts or is it spares for your self 

The '96 LT I have here is being broken for parts both for myself and some to be sold off, as all of the RWD drivetrain and a lot of the RHD parts are useless to me.

/M
1989 VW LT40 4x4 pop-top
1994 VW LT45 4x4 doka
mk1veedub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk1veedub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 13 at 14:26
im looking for the drivers side step rubber ,what is the interior like in the cab i need a few bits of trim also im looking for a speedo gear from box the drive is brown
bryankelly View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryankelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 13 at 17:35
while the subject is open about these parts of Marlow's. I was wondeing about the sliding door latch that holds the door open. you never got back to me on that Marlow. it's for my 80' right hand drive LT28. Oh and how are you enjoying your summer, isn't the whether awesome?

get back to me at bryan.kelly@ntlworld.com. 

cheers
bryan poP
No. Ireland reg 1980 SWB LT28 2.0 ltr lpg / petrol - Hot Wheels campervan
Marlow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 13 at 17:37
Originally posted by bryankelly bryankelly wrote:

while the subject is open about these parts of Marlow's. I was wondeing about the sliding door latch that holds the door open. you never got back to me on that Marlow. it's for my 80' right hand drive LT28.

I haven't forgotten about you. I'm just in the middle of moving garage, so once I'm done in the next days, I'll post a list of parts up.

/M
1989 VW LT40 4x4 pop-top
1994 VW LT45 4x4 doka
irishdanny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishdanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 13 at 11:14
well hows the balls folks. of the feet that is. what great great weather .whos into tryin to sort out an irish meet up before the summer ends.say the second or third week in aug .just an idea .
irishdanny View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishdanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 14 at 19:21
Folks sorry I've not been on for a year.I've a new LT 28 .picking up on Wednesday so can't wait .im like a feckin kid with a new toy.wanna try get the Irish club running if poss.please get back to me OK gang.

Danny
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234