The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spare keys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flying haggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spare keys
    Posted: 24 Jul 16 at 14:14
Anyone know where I can get keys cut by using the 4 digit code on the locks? Just snapped the only one I had
Take a walk on the wild side
frag View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 16 at 19:39
I used this guy on E-Bay for my spare,

See item no.
Ignore everything i say,especially between 4.30 on a fri,and mon morning it`s just beer fuelled sh*te!
Monster LT View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster LT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 16 at 21:32
Code on locks shouldn't be helpful otherwise theives would have an easy time without making a mess, right?
Code on the key itself is the important one.
If you still have both parts of the key a decent key cutter would probably be able to sort out copies.
You can get original matching blanks off fleabay or classic vw sites and have 'em cut locally too.
Let us know how you get on.
LT45-TD-ACL-intercooler-4x4-1993
chris7ian View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris7ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 16 at 16:20
Originally posted by Monster LT Monster LT wrote:

Code on locks shouldn't be helpful otherwise theives would have an easy time without making a mess, right?
Code on the key itself is the important one.
If you still have both parts of the key a decent key cutter would probably be able to sort out copies.
You can get original matching blanks off fleabay or classic vw sites and have 'em cut locally too.
Let us know how you get on.

I have the original keys form my bus and I'm pretty sure there's no code on them Confused Otherwise, the bloke/thief sitting next to you at the pub can just copy it down...

Generally it's the locks that are coded as to get access to them you have to already have the vehicle in your possession... whether stolen or not!
dansimpson View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

zubs apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dansimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 16 at 00:41
T3? if ya still stuck I'll do ya a one off if you have the lock code
 Post Reply Post Reply