The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSharan engine into T4???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sharan engine into T4???
    Posted: 04 Jul 07 at 00:17
Have a 96 Transporter T4 1.9 TD, had a clapped engine so sent it to local reconditioners, they went bust and disappeared with my engine AND all ancilliaries (inc turbo etc), can't find another so does anyone know if an engine from a Sharan will fit as I believe the transporter engine mounts / block is different to the usual golf etc, can anyone help before I stick a 350ci chevy V8 in the back, or something equally ridiculous???
golfgtioz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 07 at 19:44
hi mate . i must be honest i don't claim to be an expert of engines in any way but i also have a 1.9td t4 with a non t4 engine .. the engine i have fitted is from a ford galaxy ( vw ABL engine code) the very same one thats fitted to the sharan .. about the only problem i can see is the position of the dipstick ..on my engine it comes from the front of the engine rather than the rear of the engine on a t4 .. this makes it near impossible to check the oil as its lost way down at the bottom of the rad.. if you still have your old engine i can see any reason why you cant refit your old dipstick and tube to the new engine .. I'm sure you will get a more in depth reply , I'm just passing on what little info i can ..

Edited by golfgtioz

CARLISLE , CUMBRIA t4 1.9tdi
888x View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 07 at 20:04

Thanks for that golfgtioz, I was told that there may be a difference in the engine mounts but obviously that's not the case, minor inconveniences like dipstick is no problem..... isn't that what the red light on the dash is for, if it flashes when you go round a corner it need filling up (lol)

Did you use the galaxy gearbox aswell or did it mate up to your existing box ok?

Any further info more than welcome please

Scoobydoo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 07 at 18:18

Hiya,

im sure the sharan engine is the same as the golfs m8.

andy

Post Reply Post Reply