The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

scopio wheels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: scopio wheels
    Posted: 29 Nov 15 at 22:55
does anybody know if ford scorpio wheels fit T3 std 16inch but seller doesent know offset
1985 mercedes 280sl (107) 1983 pop top westie joker 1985 honda acty pick up
BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 15 at 09:13

I would imagine they would clear the calipers etc being 16" (dont know for certain) and the ford scorpio original wheel offsets are between 35mm to 38mm so you should be OK with other (suspension) clearances.
NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
mercman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 15 at 22:38
many thanks will have a go with them subject to purchase price
1985 mercedes 280sl (107) 1983 pop top westie joker 1985 honda acty pick up
T3ADICT View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3ADICT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 15 at 17:14
if they are the flat faced ones look a bit like a merc wheel ,then yes they are a good fit on a t3.

they wont clear the front grease caps though. where the centre cap fits.
the lip that holds the centre cap in place can easily be removed with a small chisel and cleaned up with a small half round file afterwards.

either that or you will need to space them out. i think i did read of someone spacing them out 6mm and shortening the grease cap a bit too.

bolts wise standard steel wheel bolts from T4/Sharan/alhambra/galaxy work well, look like a long version of the standard t3 bolts. (not sure if they are long enough for spacers.)

you will find the bolt holes on the wheels look quite big. i have heard of some people using inserts in them, but lots have just used them with the standard t3 large radius bolts/nuts.

Edited by T3ADICT - 08 Dec 15 at 17:16
WHY T3's.... because they are just so adictive, and having one just aint enough
 Post Reply Post Reply