Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scoobyvelle is back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scoobyvelle is back
    Posted: 28 Nov 06 at 20:11
At the risk of being accused of kissing the arse of a Yorkshireman, strange pastimes some peeps have on this forum!!

Mr B seems to have done a good job on the Scoobyvelle which flew back over the moors from Underfelt to the Peaks.

As is his wont he cheerfully handed it over, pointing out the next raft of jobs he will have to do to keep it alive, and uttering sage words such as:

"If you listen carefully you can hear a slight creak, tap and groan from the major grommet in the widget, its ok for now, but it won't fix itself."

Then the bugger grins at you .

Will post the list of jobs done when time permits. Cheers, Simon.
Had a great drive home.
T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 06 at 20:17
markpark View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markpark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 06 at 23:18
I've seen the list its long! Nice van though
Ghia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nesh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 06 at 19:53

Almost as long as the wiring

MG

Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 06 at 20:53
rogerthecat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 06 at 07:54
Bollocks to the pair of you. All I can say Mike is, I haev 2 vans and at the very least  they are both on the road

Paul.

T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 06 at 07:55
Fookin contageous:

Mate just dropped some stuff off and had a look at the Scoobyvelle, and I quote:

"all that wiring in the back, you hanging Bradwell's Xmas lights off that?"

Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 06 at 18:27

Well, with the bare ones that are floating around you may get some lights anyway, followed by smoke, then a bad smell then a faint orange glow...

Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 06 at 21:54
That's this weekend's job - getting ready for the shortening of the loom ceremony.
Ghia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nesh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 06 at 20:12

Ok I asked for that

Well I'll be working on it tomorrow probably rigging up where the ECU etc will be sitting and laying out the wiring and starting to shorten it to suit this van rather than the Doka.

Now I have to work out how to rig up the fly by wire potentiometer up front above the pedal and then weld up the hole in the floor which the accel rod went through.. less places for water to come through

MG

Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 06 at 20:17
Originally posted by Ghia Ghia wrote:

Now I have to work out how to rig up the fly by wire potentiometer up front above the pedal and then weld up the hole in the floor which the accel rod went through.. less places for water to come through

MG

MK IV Golf TDI Throttle pedal and poteniometer all in one, easy.

Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 06 at 21:25
Originally posted by Ghia Ghia wrote:

Do I detect a subtle dig at the Scoobyvelle's unique in van fountain?
It had stopped working but found that it was all clogged with newspaper, took it out and the Geyser is spurting one more!!
Ghia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nesh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 06 at 22:13

I wasn't but now that you mention it...

MG

Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 06 at 19:52
f**kin, blinkin flip.
put the three seats back in the velle to replace the rock n roll bed and the ECU is mounted on the bumps used for the seat.
Also the NS plate and pin that the backrests clip onto has mysteriously vanished.
Off to borrow mig welder, nick some plate and a nut to fab up and fit the plate (night school welding has found a use at last) it wont be pretty but it will work.
So, have to relocate the ECU et al whilst shortening the wiring - this is the desired look

Edited by rogerthecat
KevH View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 06 at 20:35
i prefer the plate of spagetti look..........it has more character
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 06 at 20:43

evening Rommel - have been watching the rebuilding of the Afrika Korps with interest, ideal paint job for North Africa but you may stand out a bit on Holm Moss!!

When do we get more pics of the Desert Fox's overnighter?

Don't know if it will effect performance but the kids keep tripping over the huge loops of wires around their feet.

At least I have insulated all the bare ends that were floating around.
KevH View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 06 at 20:48
more pics at the weekend, got a few goodies to pic up from baxter to add the finishing touches

wheel carrier looks cool on the back........fancy a ladder too but can't really find a good reason for one, not having a roof rack

Edited by syncrokev
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 06 at 20:55
Surely you need on eto see out of that huuuuge bomb hole you vanished into on Syncro Sat?

Trying to get a F'off bar for the front, carrier for back and ladder - picking up a roofrack at 0730 in Wellingborough tomorrow morning, must be bloody mad.

Looking forward to seeing yours in the flesh.
KevH View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KevH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 06 at 20:58
you planning on loosing all your ground clearance then
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 06 at 21:00
As it is already jacked up so far I need a parachure to get down, I figured I had some to spare!!

Plus I'm not as barking as some peeps when offroad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>