The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SCANGAUGE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scimdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCANGAUGE
    Posted: 09 Apr 15 at 22:09
Had a scangauge for a while now.   Simple to set up and nice to see all is fine.      I've adjusted the fiddle factors so the tank average MPG is close, again I've adjusted the mileage fiddle factor.    From memory its -2% for the mileage and +52% for the MPG, diesel type A,    Not sure how that stacks up for other 2wd, AHU conversions.   What i'm not convinced by is the MPG instantaneous figure.   At a constant 50mph the instantaneous is virtually the same as at 60 mph, which is not really true.    Also driving across Milton Keynes, with a mile between roundabouts seams to improve average MPG since on over run the massive instantaneous MPG seams to out weigh the low MPG on accelerating away.    I thought it might be using Airflow as one of its data sources... So I reconnected the EGR thinking there would be more variation in MAF and there for more variation in instantaneous MPG... I does not seam to have made much difference.   Anyone else found the Instantaneous MPG to be a bit of a lie?

A further question...Who's Kept there EGR and who's disabled theirs..personally I thought it felt a bit more responsive on light throttle, but I'd also change the air filter at the same time and it could have been that.   Reconnecting the EGR i didn't notice any difference.
Without engineers science is just philosophy..... Joined the revolution with a 18 year old TDI :
Scimdiesel View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scimdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 15 at 22:52
Bump...
Without engineers science is just philosophy..... Joined the revolution with a 18 year old TDI :
 Post Reply Post Reply