The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scammer Who Tried To Rob Me! BEWARE!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mogster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scammer Who Tried To Rob Me! BEWARE!!!!!
    Posted: 29 Jan 10 at 22:57
Well Hello Everyone.

It seems like years since i was on here last and allas my return is with a warning to all you who are selling your T5 and T4's!!!!!.

Now where do i start ??????

Im a motor trader, I retail vehicles from my sales pitch in Chesterfield in Derbyshire.

All was well until last Saturday morning, I had taken a deposit on a 57 plate T5 LWB via Autotrader, The customer came up on the train from St Ives andi met him at Chesterfirld Station at 11am, We then drove back to my premises and i took said customer on a test drive, On our return various bits of paperwork were completed and he paid the balance of £13,500 in cash.

At 12.10pm and only 15 minutes after he had left i was confronted by 2 masked/ baseball wielding teenage thugs who demanded the money, Now i dont take kindly to being threatened so i charged at them as they took a swing at me, Sadly for the first thug he missed and caught my arm instead of my head!, So i grabbed the bat and punched him in the face, Upon seeing his fellow thug taking a beating the otherone legged it, I gave chase but they both got away, Despite 7 police cars and the dog van they disappeared into thin air.

Now after a bit of investigation work i have discovered that there were no trains from Cornwall due to arrive in Chesterfield before 1pm!!!!, It is obvious to everyone except the Police that this was a set up job, They did'nt get a penny from me but im still as mad as hell about it all.

So now i need your help, If anyone from Cornwall/ Newquay/ St Ives way spots a Blue T5 130 LWB with Range Rover Sport alloy wheels, fully colour coded and bearing the registration mark GK57OYF could they please email me, I have the buyers name and address but it could be false details!!!!!.

My email address is moglomas@live.com

Many Thanks and a very big Thankyou.
Of All The Things I Have Lost....... I Miss My Mind The Most !!!!!!!!!!
BANANABUS View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
More Like BanBus!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BANANABUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 10 at 23:00
FUCK ME!Dead

glad your okHug

Edited by BANANABUS - 29 Jan 10 at 23:02
Committed To Famine Relief. Last Week I Sucked Off An Ethiopian

I'm Not Arguing,I'm Explaining Why I Am Right

monsho View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 10 at 23:43
fucking hell fella, scary biscuits
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 10 at 06:37
fuck.....

well done on your sharp reactions fella will keep my eyes out..  any CCTV or owt?
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
Y11PEA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y11PEA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 10 at 09:04
Good luck with your search, can I stand behind you next time I sell a car/van.
Bluebays View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 10 at 09:16
Bloody hell !! 

Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 10 at 09:49

Well done for having a go back and more to the point making everyone aware what can happen when selling anything these days.

But i wouldn't limit the search to the St Ives,Newquay area as have you pointed out no trains from Cornwall were due till later that day and the buyers details could be false?

Am i right in assuming you only passed on the V5C/2 part of the logbook and you still have the main part of the V5?
Meaning at some point either the buyer or someone else is going to have to apply to DVLA for a new V5 so then the van can be located.
I'll pass on the registration to someone i know who works for DVLA so they can let me know when someone applies for change of ownership.I doubt they'll be able to tell me the name and address of the new owner due to the DPA but if i tell them the name address you've got they can say a yes or no to if it's the same person or not.
PM me the details if you want me to do this for you.

ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 10 at 10:00
or indeed anyone offered a T5 that matches same(ish) check ID of van properly. Guessing its been ringed by now as plates will be on ANPR list.
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

Aidan View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aidan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 10 at 10:05
"I doubt they'll be able to tell me the name and address of the new owner due to the DPA but if i tell them the name address you've got they can say a yes or no to if it's the same person or not."

That's a weird one that isn't it, I was scammed for the tax disc by the dealer who sold me the SA van, by the time I realised he'd kept the disc and cashed it in and challenged him it was too late and 200 miles away, but when I phoned DVLA to enquire about who weighed in the tax disc they said they couldn't say, but that if I said a name they could say yes or no, and lo and behold it was him, weird thing is their sytem allowed him to cash in a disc on a vehicle for which he wasn't the registered owner which had just that month changed hands from him as trader to me and for which a new V5 had just been issued and insured by new owner, but apparantly that was ok and nothing I could do about it apart from call him up and tell him what a low life lying shit he was, but hey he knew that anyway.

Glad the Mogster ok and not ripped off
Aidan Talbot, gearboxes for watercooled engines, 4, 5 speed and syncro front and rear rebuilt. 01691 648011, 07817 377938....www.aidantalbot.co.uk
Syncost Alot. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
horns apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syncost Alot. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 10 at 10:07
Sorry to hear that fella.
As Steve points out, almost definately not from Cornwall (we're just not like that down here!).
If it is linked they are in a right pickle now. They could apply for v5 (it is legally theirs) but you've still got their cash & they'll never make their money back after buying from a dealer.
That's karma I guess!
Founder member of the "WESTERN FRONT VOLKSWAGEN KLUB".......membership no 0001
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 10 at 10:07
Yep that's another possibility ELVIS.
Isn't the VIN stamped into the dashboard as well on T5's?
If so that would be the 1st place to look for anything not quite right.Even if the dash has been changed it would no doubt have tell tail noises as they can never be refitted to the same factory standard. 

Do you have any photos of the van mogster and were there any distinguishing marks/scratches etc?

Edited by Steve B - 30 Jan 10 at 10:11
uncle philip View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncle philip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 10 at 10:09
Yeah, I agree -  it could be anywhere..if they are gonna try this sort of thing on, surely they'd cover their tracks just in case any any association is made....or am I being naive in assuming the have a bit of 'common'?
Nontheless, I'll put the number & details on a post-it on thedash of my firm's van.
Glad you had a dig back, How's your arm?
I'll just wait......
mogster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mogster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 10 at 10:40

Thankyou for your replys.

I would really like to know where this van now is, so could all members keep a lookout please, My guess is that it will soon be back up for sale as things did'nt go quite to plan!!!!

Thanks Again
BANANABUS View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
More Like BanBus!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BANANABUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 10 at 10:42
Originally posted by mogster mogster wrote:

All was well until last Saturday morning, I had taken a deposit on a 57 plate T5 LWB via Autotrader,

How was this deposit payed?  Confused
Committed To Famine Relief. Last Week I Sucked Off An Ethiopian

I'm Not Arguing,I'm Explaining Why I Am Right

mogster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mogster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 10 at 10:47

Thanks Fella's

The van is a Plain Blue 130 LWB, fully colour coded, twin side windows and sat on 19" Range Rover Sport Alloys, Reg No. GK57OYF.

My arm is still a little sore but i bet that lads face still hurts more!!!! LOL.

I will post some pics up later.

Like i said i very much doubt that the van went to cornwall but then again the whole thing was so badly planned that anything is possible i suppose.

Keep your eye out for it please, I have a few "FRIENDS" who would like a "CHAT" with them, LOL. 

mogster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mogster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 10 at 10:49
Deposit was paid via bank transfer, But the police and the bank wont tell me from which account it came from (bloody data protection act)!!!!!!!
jimbo View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 10 at 15:42
Doesn't sound that effective if two of them with bats get seen off by 1 bloke - unless you are proper hard as fuck.  Surely with that amount of trace ie. bank transfer details the police should be on to them.
Good effort tho giving one of the twats a good pasting, shame you didn't use the bat on his legs!!
Hope you catch the scum and not the police so at least they get some decent justice, not a gentle slap on the wrist and 2 weeks gardening for the council.
When there's always biscuits in the barrell, where's the fun in biscuits??
clairebabylion View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairebabylion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 10 at 18:08
Bloomin eck, thats really scary and even scarier when its not far from me.  Glad you saw them off will keep an eye out for your van but hope that they are not local.  

Glad you're not too injured.

Keep an eye on ebay.  You find all sorts on there.
Tints-N-Chips View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tints-N-Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 10 at 18:46
Sounds like pikeys to me, supprised you are not getting done for assault in this fucked up country
crewpad View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 10 at 18:52
jesus....glad youre ok .... im in cornwall dude so ill keep my eyes open.
chips dips chains n whips....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>