The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sad times

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sad times
    Posted: 24 Feb 15 at 21:58
It is with heavy heart that I have had to let my beloved lt35 (the dude) go.
An expanding family forces me to require more space than even an lt can offer.

If anyone wants to go view my van it is being sold from campers NE in Birtley Tyne And Wear.

It's a 1991. Two berth , fitted toilet, grill, jobs, fridge.

The van is very recognisable with Herbies stripes and racing 35 numbers.

If anybody on here still knows a user called "speshulbrew" please let him know that his old van is there if he wants to go and see it.

It's been emotional.
Vw lt35, 1991, non turbo 2.4 diesel
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 15 at 06:04
Shame DudeCry

You could just get a bigger LTBig smile Karaks is for sale £3600, 4 berth.

Plenty others out there though.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
mustbenuts View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustbenuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 15 at 21:44
Sorry, but i have to let people know about my concerns about the above van which is listed for sale. It spiked my interest and I made contact about it. It now apparently resides in Scotland and the owner wants full payment up front and will arrange delivery. You can't see if first or collect it yourself.
The lady suggests her husband died two months ago and someone nearly conned her last week which is why she is only willing to sell it this way.

Doesn't sit right with me I am afraid
TheDude View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 15 at 21:59
That is a scam advert.
I replied to the same story for an add on a t4 several months ago and reported it.
I've been a member on here for some time now.
I'm not trying to sell my van on here so please don't be misguided l. The van was taken as a part ex by campers NE.
Ergo I no longer own it.
TheDude View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 15 at 22:01
http://www.camperne.com

This is a link to the website of the people I part ex'd my van to.

Get in touch with then direct if your interested in the van. I'd love to know it's going to a good home
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustbenuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 15 at 22:30
Sorry Dude, I didn't mean yours. I meant the one linked to in reponse to your post.

I wouldn't wish to cast aspertions onto your character at all.

But as has been coroborated the linked ad is a con and I would hate someone slightly nieve falling for it
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 15 at 08:41
Originally posted by mustbenuts mustbenuts wrote:

Sorry, but i have to let people know about my concerns about the above van which is listed for sale. It spiked my interest and I made contact about it. It now apparently resides in Scotland and the owner wants full payment up front and will arrange delivery. You can't see if first or collect it yourself.
The lady suggests her husband died two months ago and someone nearly conned her last week which is why she is only willing to sell it this way.

Doesn't sit right with me I am afraid

Sad if true, we met ?Mike? Karak last year at the Late Summer Meet. Since it has not appeared for sale here, does suggest the seller is perhaps not aware.

I have PMd Karak, just in case.

Edit: The van.
http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/1990-vw-lt35-camper-conversion-nearing-completion_topic85354.html?KW=

Edited by LTCamper89 - 26 Feb 15 at 08:44
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Waldorf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldorf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 15 at 13:01
Hi buddy

Not replying specifically to your post but just registered on Brick-Yard and not entirely sure how it works......................... I have an important question that I would like to publicize; I have a 1991 LT28/31 Florida camper, LHD re-registered, restored import, that's been vandalized = I've sourced replacement acrylic d/g windows and other items from Germany but cannot find passenger side (= on the left when van is viewed from the front outside) windscreen wiper arm, wiper, blade etc complete assembly; existing item was torn off the splined drive that projects through cab bodywork and used to damage other parts of van including windows.  Do you know of any possible source (in both UK and Germany) where I could purchase these items please - all the normal places (including the Net) produce nothing (for example, VW Heritage over here and VWBusshop over there)............ I'm running out of ideas and would welcome any assistance anyone can offer - thank you.
Kind regards

Bernard Hall.
Waldorf
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 15 at 14:01
Originally posted by Waldorf Waldorf wrote:

Hi buddy

Not replying specifically to your post but just registered on Brick-Yard and not entirely sure how it works......................... I have an important question that I would like to publicize; I have a 1991 LT28/31 Florida camper, LHD re-registered, restored import, that's been vandalized = I've sourced replacement acrylic d/g windows and other items from Germany but cannot find passenger side (= on the left when van is viewed from the front outside) windscreen wiper arm, wiper, blade etc complete assembly; existing item was torn off the splined drive that projects through cab bodywork and used to damage other parts of van including windows.  Do you know of any possible source (in both UK and Germany) where I could purchase these items please - all the normal places (including the Net) produce nothing (for example, VW Heritage over here and VWBusshop over there)............ I'm running out of ideas and would welcome any assistance anyone can offer - thank you.
Kind regards

Bernard Hall.

Welcome WaldorfBeerHandshake

I think the wanted section would be your best bet.

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Waldorf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldorf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 15 at 14:23
Thank you for the reply - I will go there.

If anyone else has any ideas on how to resolve this issue, I would welcome your responses.

Van is a working vehicle, used as a base for living 3 times per year across the Channel, absolutely invaluable.
Waldorf
mat_the_cat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 15 at 22:19
It's not unknown for scammers to pinch photos from good looking For Sale adverts, and use them to get payment up front for a vehicle which looks too good to be true...

Karak is male, and in the Midlands so the story doesn't stack up! Plus a decent guy to deal with Thumbs Up
Mid engined, 6 cylinder, turbocharged 2 seater - it can only be a VW LT!
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 15 at 22:49
When I PMd him he had not been back on since September, but within seconds was logged in.

Coincidence, probably not, but no reply.Confused

It may be true, but if that is the case, ?Why not explain what is happening?

As you say Mat, a nice chap.

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustbenuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 15 at 12:14
I have been converesing with Andy. Nice bloke. It sold on ebay for £6500 ish, but scammers got hold of the pics and tried to con me.
 Post Reply Post Reply