The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SA Roll call

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Split_51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 11 at 14:07
Originally posted by adyjoad adyjoad wrote:

Here's mine.

That's my old van. I miss it Cry
+44 (0)7812 167547
MdR on other forums (but for some reason this forum has a minimum character value)
sucram View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 11 at 20:07
Originally posted by SA Boy. SA Boy. wrote:

SA VAN OWNERS BEWARE!!! Had my red 1992 2.5i Caravelle stolen yesterday 03/01/11 from Littlehampton, West Sussex. After searching for a SA bus for nearly two years, found this one on ebay and bought it from Bristol only to have it stolen 5 months later.Angry Reg: TIW 3013 well was?

Gutted, I used to own TIW and I regretted selling it, big mistake on my partCry  Was TIW 3013 ever recovered?
bootscooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bootscooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 12 at 15:17
Originally posted by SA Boy. SA Boy. wrote:

SA VAN OWNERS BEWARE!!! Had my red 1992 2.5i Caravelle stolen yesterday 03/01/11 from Littlehampton, West Sussex. After searching for a SA bus for nearly two years, found this one on ebay and bought it from Bristol only to have it stolen 5 months later.Angry Reg: TIW 3013 well was?

Any update on this?  Pretty sure this is my old one (red with graphite painted trim on the 17" MOMO Sport alloys)CryCry

Loved that van, and always harboured dreams of maybe buying it back one day.
alxjsy View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alxjsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 12 at 02:22
Hi,

We have a SA 2.5, well I say we, the van belongs to the the other half but I like to borrow it when I can cause its brilliant to drive and goes like a train. Nice to find other people who have, and are knowledgeable about these vans as they seem pretty rare. My only complaint with it is that parts are a mission to get hold of, as soon as you phone someone and mention its an SA you can hear that draw of air through the lips followed by the words "nope sorry dont have bits for those"

Edited by alxjsy - 26 Mar 12 at 02:49
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 12 at 22:09
Welcome to the Club. Yes they are a superb vehicle and yes, they can be a pain in the **** when you are looking for spares. However, we seem to be able to track down most items by cross referencing to other VAG products so shout up if you need help. Where about in the country are you?
South African 1991 2.5i 5cyl Microbus - virgin, not campered - piloted by Brian.
alxjsy View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alxjsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 12 at 14:00
cheers, im actually in Jersey in the channel islands. 
bootscooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bootscooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 12 at 23:36
SA Boy - any news on TIW 3013?  I'm absolutely gutted about this as I brought that bus back from the dead : (

Do you have any pic you could post, as I appear to have lost all mine..... Did it still have those sexy Momo Sport 17" alloys that I found and refurbed?

If gone forever you've got my condolenses - Nelson (as we named him) was a wonderful bus.

Cheers, Jon
JurgensAV View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JurgensAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 13 at 18:06
I've got an '82 aircooled jurgens autovilla.
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 13 at 19:10
Welcome Mr JurgensAV, both to the brick-yard and to SA ownership. Let's see some pics of your motor.
South African 1991 2.5i 5cyl Microbus - virgin, not campered - piloted by Brian.
JurgensAV View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JurgensAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 13 at 16:19
here she is

[image]
McMac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 13 at 16:31
I am now the proud owner of a Metallic Blue SA T3 2.5.

As featured in March's VW Camper magazine.

Its the best T3 i have had with all its Bells and Whistles on.

I will be at Stoner Park so I hope to see some of you there.Smile
100% Bulli Biltong with a 1992 South African 2.5L Metallic Blue Caravelle   
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 13 at 20:13
Glad you are enjoying it Colin. Unfortunately can't make Stonor due to work but look forward to viewing your bus sometime in the future.
cinimod View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Nice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cinimod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 13 at 14:03
Originally posted by McMac McMac wrote:

I am now the proud owner of a Metallic Blue SA T3 2.5.

As featured in March's VW Camper magazine.

Its the best T3 i have had with all its Bells and Whistles on.

I will be at Stoner Park so I hope to see some of you there.Smile

Would that be the one formerly owned by superbus?
90 westy cali pop(sold)

McMac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 13 at 18:36
Hi Cinimod

(I'm in Surrey too)

Not sure if this was owned by 'Superbus' before.

I bought it from a guy in South London who also had a syncro.

I took it to the JK show on Saturday and found another previuos owner Ivan of VW magazine fame. 

Its got all the usual SA extras AC.PS.CL + that beuatiful 2.5 l engine making a nice soundtrack through a custom SS exhaust system

Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 13 at 22:14
The guy in South London was Superbus. I was pretty close to opening my wallet for that bus myself.
Hammerhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammerhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 13 at 21:25
Hello, I'm new to the brick yard. I have a 1996 2.6.
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 13 at 21:41
Originally posted by Hammerhead Hammerhead wrote:

Hello, I'm new to the brick yard. I have a 1996 2.6.

Come on then Sharky, where's the pics?

Oh, and welcome!
Hammerhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammerhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 13 at 22:15
Thanks, err.. How do I do that?
McMac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McMac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 13 at 16:30
Here's mine after a spit and polish and with a new Grill spoiler.

TransPorscher View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 13 at 21:44
NICE !!!!  Big smile

Charlie

Small Moves Big Grooves! WeFunkRadio.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>