The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SA Roll call

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mister t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 10 at 23:43
Originally posted by pearce pearce wrote:

You need MR T(marky) with his white 2.5 SA busSmile.

ps the sky is beautifully blue in Gloucestershire today.
i'm here matey Thumbs Up
Ain't goin on no plane FOOL!

Bristol V-Dub Misfitz
silverbullet View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 10 at 08:59
Originally posted by mister t mister t wrote:

Here's mine, a 94 2.5i microbus  Beer
I'm aiming to get the '95 repainted this summer, to get rid of the stone chips and rock dings. The bumpers are black and dented, so I was wondering about body colour bumpers. I can see from yours it's definitely the way to go!
Thought I might get the front window reveals painted in satin black too, creating the illusion that they're the same size as the rears...
Have I missed anything?
taigagreen View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taigagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 10 at 09:30

Originally posted by russel at syncronutz russel at syncronutz wrote:

They were bothe inline 4 engines.
I dont (cant remember) engine codes.
Russel

I was thinking more of bhp and Nm, those kind of numbers :D

Tage is my name :D
Too many T3's...
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 10 at 11:24
Think 8v Golf/Passat engine on Motronic. Look 'em up from the brochures/specs at vwpix.org or whatever it's called...
Have I missed anything?
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 10 at 11:26
Originally posted by Baxter Baxter wrote:

Come on then, how many are here?
I've put up a fresh post at 80-90 as there are a few listed in the membership, the others must be at volkzone Dead
Have I missed anything?
Gandalf View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gandalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 10 at 15:37
If anyone has the inclination to import theres a few on here:-

http://www.automart.co.za/for-sale/vw-caravelle-2.5i-1994-id-140513.aspx
89 Cali Pop Top
russel at syncronutz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russel at syncronutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 10 at 13:48
Just remember if importing you will be stung for 10% import duty and 17.5% vat on top of that.
And a low priced receipt wont work either as customs will then charge on the value they put on it.
I know this from experience and i had genuine receipts for everything.
They even added my shipping costs to it before adding the duties.
Customs are a law unto themselves Angry
Russel
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 10 at 13:39
syncrospares run a small window SA erm...syncro. that accounts for another one, not that it's a secret LOL
Have I missed anything?
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 10 at 22:55
Some ferkin' roll call this turned out to be! Where are you all?
Has anyone publicized this at (hate to say it) Volkzone (I feel dirty now) or anywhere else? I've posted it up at 80-90.
Have I missed anything?
owenslat View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owenslat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 10 at 18:50
Hello-

I have a 1982 CI Homes pop top, 2 ltr aircooled in beautiful beige (which was impossible to find the paint code).

Not many SA modifications, other than  a massive water tank under neath and lots of red dust on the engine...

About to post on the main page for help on gas struts for the pop top which is completely banjaxed- think my roof is the same as the autohomes version...

Cheerio,

Owen
owenslat View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owenslat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 10 at 18:51
Hello-

I have a 1982 CI Homes pop top, 2 ltr aircooled in beautiful beige (which was impossible to find the paint code).

Not many SA modifications, other than  a massive water tank under neath and lots of red dust on the engine...

About to post on the main page for help on gas struts for the pop top which is completely banjaxed- think my roof is the same as the autohomes version...

Cheerio,

Owen
Yardie
Yardie
Ingenieur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 10 at 09:02
You definitely win the prize for earliest SA! Lots of red dust is always a givaway - I thought the '95 was bad and it has been in the UK for 5 years...Stones, dirt and gravel everywhere.
Inside and out.
Have I missed anything?
Joe Knocker View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Knocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 10 at 22:06
Hi ya all!!!! i have a 1991 silver 2.5 SA micro bus picked it up from Bristol grate van such a joy to drive!!! I was so lucky with it though the day before i drove to Poland 2 week's ago i got the cam belt, water pum and tappits changed as i had all the service history for it since it landed in the UK in 2000, every thing ells had been done but not the cam belt! when i got it off there was a big rip in the belt and one of the teeth was about to come off dout i would have made it to dover!!! I was so lucky but now that has all been done it's grate!!!!!! I am trying to up load a pic but it's not having it i'll keep trying though!!!! And once again thanks for all the help before on here!!!!!! 

Edited by Joe Knocker - 16 Jun 10 at 15:17
ya can't flog a dead horse unless it's to a glue factory!!!
ibiza1999 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibiza1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 10 at 15:20
Thought I'd better add my wifes 2.5 SA 8 seater microbus..

We found him in Devon in autotrader. Would welcome an exchange of info on parts. We were given some info on parts which I'd be happy to share. We are on the hunt for a new starter motor.

Been a bit slow with brick-yard of late because of my latest project...

Redstar and south African import.                 One life! Live it!
robinbowes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robinbowes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 10 at 23:36
Mmm, nice bus. 8 seats. Just what I'm after. I must keep an eye on Autotrader!
russel at syncronutz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russel at syncronutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 10 at 18:43
Starter motor is the same as  Audi 2.2 or 2.3 or passat (86 to 90) 2L 5 cylinder. An LT 6 cylinder
diesel will fit as-well.
Russel
mken View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 10 at 13:50
Well,I've one so that must bring the roll call to bout 10 Im in Ireland n I'm nearly surr it's the only one overhere.it's a 2.6 caravelle in White.I'll post picks soon it's off havin timing belts done at d mo.
ibiza1999 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibiza1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 10 at 09:01
Thanks for that info Russell- very useful! :-)
Redstar and south African import.                 One life! Live it!
tangalooma flyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangalooma flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 10 at 17:06
I've got one, 2.5i light blue. Its a bit poorly as I'm after a 5 speed box for it as mines not very well, or can anyone tell me where I can get it repaired. Cheers Andy
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 10 at 17:10
Try Beaker on here as he rebuilds 'boxes.....not sure about SA ones but if you don't ask,you don't.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>