The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rust around the windcscreen -LT31

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveSt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rust around the windcscreen -LT31
    Posted: 23 Sep 19 at 23:29
I am getting two, increasingly larger, puddles on the floor on both driver and passenger side when it rains.
Looking from the inside I can see the corrosion that is causing this. I thought a careful application of Geocel sealant MIGHT make the problem go away for a while - I particularly wanted to stop the water dripping on the the wiper motor - no such luck.
So I am now planning on removing the glass and seeing what can be done to repair the metal-work. This will doubtless involve me in finding a person who is good with a welding torch as my skills in this department are non-existent.
Looking at post from a few years back
It would appear the removal has to be with care and replacement screens are no more - IS THIS CORRECT.
and
Does anyone have any recommendations for a welding person in the SW-London Surrey/Kent/North Hants area.

LT31 1991 2.4 TD Florida Westphalia • Honda ST1100 • Ford Tourneo Connect
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic