The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Temporary Forums. > 80-90 refugee forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

running better on two cylinders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bananavan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: running better on two cylinders
    Posted: 23 Nov 13 at 07:57
I have an 85 T3 running much better on the two passenger side cylinders. I am traveling in Andalusia Spain at the moment and having a tough time with the language and finding someone who knows what they are doing. 

I suspect it may be a carb problem. The passenger side runs well but the driver side has less compression when hot. A mechanic here tested the spark plugs by removing them one at a time and placing them back in with pliers and it was clear that the left side was not running as strongly. I drove it during the day when it was warm and the less power problem was prevalent, but at night when really cold there were no real issues, it ran strong and fast.

Another poster suggested the braided hose from the inlet manifold that leads back to a brake servo is leaking air into the manifold on the left hand side.

Any suggestions. I wish I could find an air-cooled club here in Spain, I am kinda stuck. Help

Thanks for your help!
max and caddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max and caddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 13 at 10:14
Hi, an air leak anywhere on the weak side maybe? Inlet gaskets, hoses, that kinda thing...or maybe valve clearances on that side are off for some reason?

Post Reply Post Reply