The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RPM fast idle setting 1.9DG

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreebirdJussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RPM fast idle setting 1.9DG
    Posted: 18 Sep 19 at 21:55
Hi Guys, can anyone tell me the RPM for the fast idle setting please? 1984 1.9DG water-cooled.

Thanks 
1984 VW T3 1.9DG Petrol Water-cooled
FreebirdJussy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreebirdJussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 19 at 00:30
There's the normal idle setting at front of carb and fast idle setting at back of carb???

"Fast idle should also be adjusted hand in hand with the choke pull-down diaphragm but when the engine is warm and at normal operating temperature.
    https://s0.wp.com/wp-content/themes/pub/vigilance/images/list-star.gif";); background-position: 0px 0.3em; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;">Position the fast idle cam screw by turning it in or out to the second step of the fast idle cam and check that the fast idle speed is between the specified 2000 +/- 200 rpm for fast idle. Adjust as neccessary"
I'm getting a bit lost here. My engine is idling at around 900RPM in normal circumstances. What is fast idle???
FreebirdJussy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreebirdJussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 19 at 14:56
Got it now Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply