Forum Home Forum Home > Other VW > Caddy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rowlesys crap caddy build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rowlesys crap caddy build
    Posted: 09 Apr 12 at 17:11
ahh yes! finally started work on that eyesore thats been in the corner of my unit for about a month. crap description off seller coupled with me buying it in the dark didn't help matters! scotty's face was a picture when we rolled it into the light of the unit!!! LOL "you'll always get your money back kid on ebay?" anyway since arranging to pick the caddy up and getting fucked about a bit i started to browse the forums for some ideas of what to do to it! (hadn't even picked the fucker up yet let alone seen it in the flesh!) so had all these big ideas and then saw it in the light! fuck it stick it in the corner and i'll do some research on what you can/can't get parts and panel wise......................that was about a month ago!

so today i decide to strip the beast to see if there was owt else that was rotten or dented that i didn't know about yet!

pictures...........

on a good note it came with a lot of spares! some good some fit for the bin!

so spent an age getting the bastard cunty fucking bumper things off the back! then as it was in the air i thought i'd drop the tank exhaust and spare wheel carrier and have a poke around underneath and to be fair theres not much to do under there! a little bit infront of the nsr wheel and thats it! the mud and crap has added a layer of extra protection! Wink

so once i was done underneath i dropped her back on the floor and took off anything i could! and so gained a little pile!

followed shortly by the engine vacating it spot! i spent about 45mins less taking the engine out than it did to get the bumper things off i kid you not!

now seller told me it was over heating and it was chucking out water but it wasn't because it was hot? it was because some dickhead glued the sender in the expansion bottle and it had split! LOL anyway a good clean and degrease and its going back in! hopefully with a 5 speed box oh and a new cable as this one is frayed at the top!

pulled screen only to find a little surface rust so chuffed with that!

pulled rear screen and only found one hole!

and the bed is starting to fill up with crap too! only big stuff tho as anything small drops through the holes!!

so now theres nowt else i can take off it just a rolling shell until i can sort out my bent panels......

for the dents which the bad ones are down the nearside so some numpty couldn't drive! i'm gunna cut the panels out - straighten em out - and weld em back in! fingers crossed on that one! the front is guna get cut and remade as its bent the cross member and the inner wing a little and the sill is guna get the same treatment too cut-straight-weld! then i have a few little rust spots to sort then its tidy time! i'm not after a show truck just summat that looks half respectable that i can still throw my crap in without worrying about damaging the bed (which will be done last!)

UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
traversd View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
backlit splinter sack!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traversd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 12 at 18:26
The seats look in good nick at least Thumbs Up
Vanfest 2011 - Skittles Vodka
Camperjam 2011 tug n chug team
Camperjam 2013 - Lost to the Bodybuilders, but delivered in a Syncro
Tough Mudder - Fried Piggy For - Charity

So, Rae is a girl then yeah.
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 12 at 18:34
Fuck this is the one i nearly bought from here!
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 12 at 18:57
fag burns in em trav! and bromy - yes!

nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 12 at 19:15
Haha I looked at it too ... And infact I had been kicking my self for letting it go ... But now .... Haha, but seeing your other work I am in no doubt if will come good :)
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 12 at 19:31
Yea haha to be fair its probably lucky i let it slip, my T3 is turning into more of a project than i thought!
I want to watch this thread but i may cry once i see her coming along Cry
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 12 at 19:35
well to be fair today was more of an evaluation day! and i'm sure it'll turn out good! its not a rotbox infact the plebs that have driven it have caused 90% of the rot by not getting the damage sorted! hey not everyones into cars tho! Wink

ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 12 at 19:36
if its anything like the crewie- gonna be a good build thread.
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 12 at 20:41
seen whats in the background of picture 10? Wink should look minty when its dropped on its arse!
even had to hoover the rain tray and engine bay! first for me! leaves everywhere!

Edited by rowlesy - 09 Apr 12 at 20:43

fatboy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
judge judy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 12 at 20:45
Thought you'd have put your new wheels on!
'83 T3 westy - biguns got it
68 buggy again!- Roger the cat is going to finish it
Syncro, previously known as the scoobyvelle

Shit I need to sell some MORE cars!
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 12 at 20:49
no point when its syncro style! better at that height for the time being as ive got work on the sills to do! its a bit lighter now tho! pushes easily!!

traversd View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
backlit splinter sack!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traversd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 12 at 22:25
Originally posted by rowlesy rowlesy wrote:

seen whats in the background of picture 10? Wink should look minty when its dropped on its arse!
even had to hoover the rain tray and engine bay! first for me! leaves everywhere!

Seen many cool, weird and wonderful tools/items in your unit...I can't remember a hoover being one of 'em ! LOL
Vanfest 2011 - Skittles Vodka
Camperjam 2011 tug n chug team
Camperjam 2013 - Lost to the Bodybuilders, but delivered in a Syncro
Tough Mudder - Fried Piggy For - Charity

So, Rae is a girl then yeah.
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 12 at 07:17
don't like to be disturbed when i'm cleaning my room! LOL

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 12 at 14:51
only half day today! other stuff needs doing!
scotty brought over his slide hammer so had a play with that for half hour or so to make the side panel a little straighter. as one of the previous owners had kindly lent a hand with the dents by ramming a bar or summat through the inside of the "B" pillar i not only had dents to deal with but lots of little mountain ranges where the blunt object had been thoughtfully placed!Pinch so once i was getting nearer the shape along the bottom near the sill i cut out a section so i could tackle the hilly areas! and get to some of the other dents further down the panel.

panel behind rear wheel which was popped out from the rear light housing. looks so much better after a stint with the hammer and dolly! i'll get a base coat on before i decide on filler?

moved the caddy to get to the sills and you can see where the sliders been helping!

better picture before cut!

so as i was getting nowhere fast i cut the fucker out for better access! and set to with the hammer and dolley again then reshaped the swage line across my table. tacked in and not looking too shabby so far....

then what seemed like a lifetime spottin all the way round keeping it as cool as possible!

it's gunna need a skim of filler across it but all in all not bad considering! as theres now a slight deflection in the panel about 3/4mm i'll have another go with the slide before i do anything else

deflection in 1/4

then decided to weld up the the trim holes along the sill as i've only got one good one and its another place to trap dirt then go rusty on me!

guna try and source a new sill for below the door as thats propper mashed up i think i can use a 3 door mk1 golf sill for that but see how expensive they are or failing that i'll get a cut off someones breaker along with that front corner? hmmm might ring guz or bobcat.......

nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 12 at 15:51
you dont hang about! great work so far made a mass improvement to that side Thumbs Up and yeah id get a base coat on first then hopfuly it'll be easier to see and you'll use minimal amounts of pudding Smile
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 12 at 17:12
deffo! dont want to be slammin the door and great lumps fallin out! LOL

nicko868 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicko868 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 12 at 18:51
deffinetly not, i wish the last owners of my van thought that too!! 
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 12 at 21:55
Originally posted by rowlesy rowlesy wrote:

deffo! dont want to be slammin the door and great lumps fallin out! LOL
LOL now where have i seen that happen before LOL
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 12 at 21:57
Nice work with the hammer and dolls, would like to learn abit about panel beating.... any tips?
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 12 at 17:09
practise on summat you dont want to keep! dolly does all the work hammers just to lift dolley off inside to make it bounce. just little taps - theres better and bigger hammers for walloping stuff around!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>