The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roof Rack for LT35 (99)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manjula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roof Rack for LT35 (99)
    Posted: 03 May 16 at 15:45
Hi everyone.

New to the forum, so pleased to meet everyone.

I'm in the process of converting an LT35 minibus. It has a roof vent about halfway along the roof (nearer the back). Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for the kind of roof rack I should be looking out for? This will be for loading extra luggage and bits that need accessing less (planning on a long trip).

Rather than a full length one I was thinking it might be best to have one that just covers the back area up to the roof opening.

Initially I liked the idea of one which clamps to the vans guttering to attach to avoid drilling holes, however I would like the option of fitting a pull out style awning at some point which I am guessing would be impossible with the guttering in use.

I have seen a couple of minibuses go by with these 'expedition' style roof racks that fit to the back, but havn't been able to find anythign similar on ebay etc.

Any suggestions or thoughts, greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 16 at 17:45
If you have some thing from Thule, you can adjust them back and forth and take it of when you don't need it. You can also attache the awning to it.
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
 Post Reply Post Reply