The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rock n Roll bed plans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquidfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rock n Roll bed plans
    Posted: 17 Jun 10 at 21:55
As above really, has any one got any plans for building a RnR bed. preferably a metal frame one. 

Thanks for the input
2004 VW T5 Panel Van T30 2.5 130 AXD Engine
Nev View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 10 at 22:18
I have a r n r bed that's been made from steel 1 x 1 box section, its a copy of a factory made one, its actually pretty good, I'm happy. Seems straight forward enough to get some dims for you.
A fool and his money are easily parted! Especially when the fool owns a T3
Liquidfreak View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquidfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 10 at 10:14
Thanks Nev that would be great.

Not sure who moved this to the T3 Tech Help Section - since I have a T5 that is really useful! Plus I was trying to get a general set of plans for RnR beds as I am going to have to make something a little different anyway

Edited by Liquidfreak - 18 Jun 10 at 12:21
Liquidfreak View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquidfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 10 at 12:28
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rock-and-Roll-bed-T4-T5-BONGO-VITO-VIVARO-TRANSIT-/120557225426?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item1c11c545d2#ht_1639wt_913

This is the kind of thing I am after, something that doesn't take up too much space as I still need to carry bikes - the main purpose of getting the van in the first place.

Has anyone built a bed that swings out from the side unit. Been playing about in google sketchup to see if it would work, think it would need to work like a pull out sofa bed (the metal ones that fold out of the base).
Nev View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 10 at 14:17
Me bed is that of a t3 meode, don't think she'll fit a newen.
A fool and his money are easily parted! Especially when the fool owns a T3
 Post Reply Post Reply