The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > The Coachbuilt forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rhd Karmann gypsy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloatypig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rhd Karmann gypsy
    Posted: 06 Jun 10 at 22:58
Hi, new to the forum so just wanted to say Hi! I have the opportunity to buy a Karmann Gypsy in mint condition, only 33,000 miles from new all history /paperwork to prove and original right hand drive. Question is i would be taking it in part exchange against my camper and am unsure how much to offer for it?? Could you guys give me the heads up on current prices? I know its rare with only a few rhd's in the country, and would love and cherish it, but its not advertised for sale and i want to offer a fair price in part ex, so any help greatly appreciated.
CheersSmile
TeeB View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeeB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 10 at 15:11
Does the person selling not have a guide price, or are they just asking for offers?
1985 Westfalia Joker Jubilee
bloatypig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloatypig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 10 at 15:57

Well , they say they think its worth 9 or 10k, but don't think they are very sure either. Its not advertised and they'll only sell it to buy mine, so i need to be sure of current prices in order to negotiate properly. Any clues anyone?Confused

peet View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Soft Southern Shite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 10 at 20:58
I have been looking at them since last year and that seems a higher end but not unheard of price - if has been stored indoors since new then yes it's def worth it, engines are the cheaper part of any older vehicle and easier to replace - have you seen whats involved in a rebuild body wise with a Gipsy?
 So if it's bodily mint and the the rarity of the RHD makes it even more desirable I'd start at £8K and work up. I'm getting a good one (I hope!) from Sweden for £7000ish but of course thats LHD and of course you van inspect yours too!! Lucky swine!!
Go for it let us know how u get on!
Firefighter twisted Firefighter...
bloatypig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bloatypig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 10 at 22:51
Cheers peet, will let you know of any developments!Smile
TeeB View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeeB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 12:44
I'm with Peet, go for it - £9K for a minter in RHD would be good.
1985 Westfalia Joker Jubilee
 Post Reply Post Reply