The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Retrofitting central locking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mastakilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Retrofitting central locking
    Posted: 14 Jan 18 at 21:07
Hello, 
I want to fit a central locking kit, like the ones for sale on Aliexpress for 100 bucks, which come with 5 linear actuators and a control unit with remotes.
Front doors are easy, the sliding door may be a tad more complicated because there's a contact plate to fit, but what puzzles me is the rear hatch barrel: how can I tie a linear actuator to it? 
Maybe there is another style of barrel compatible with central locking? Can't find it anywhere, experiences? 
Thanks!
912 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 18 at 21:34
The tailgate lock is different for central locking, I don’t know if a stock one can be made to work or not, a sliding door contact from any sliding door afoul be workable with a bit of tinkering
Titus A Duxass View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titus A Duxass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 18 at 05:31
I retro fitted mine with VW central locking, I am pretty sure that I had to replace with tailgate lock with one that was compatible.
Bollocks to it all!!
51°24′N 12°52′E
mastakilla View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mastakilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 18 at 08:53
Yes, for reference the code for such lock is 251 829 231 F.
It seems unavailable everywhere online, will check at the stealer. I may just either leave it alone, or try to modify the existing locking so that it can be opened with the remote while permanently remaining in the locked position.
This has been done and looks like a good compromise: that's the way many brand new cars work anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply