The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT2 and sprinter forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Replacement engine needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no1bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacement engine needed
    Posted: 14 Jan 16 at 13:38
Hi, can anyone help me out with information about an engine replacement for my 2002 LT32 2.5TDI (BBF). It dropped a valve on Monday and it looks like the motor is toast. As the engine was a 61Kw low power engine and now I need to replace it maybe this is the time to see if its possible to replace it with a more powerful unit, even the 2.8 one. Any help or advice welcome. Cheers.
http://www.mike-edwards.net
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 16 at 15:11
Sorry cant help you, as i have the same question myself.
I have the possibility to by a very nice -99 LT2 with a broken 2,8 131hp engine. Does the 2,5tdi from the T4 fit the gearbox on the LT2, are there any other mayor problems i will have fitting it?
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
Eddy Dar View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddy Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 16 at 10:28
Stick with the 2.5 tdi, if you change to the 2.8 tdi you need to change wiring, ecu etc

You cant beat the 5 potter, the sound is awesome.

Have you had your head of ? If its dropped a valve your bottom end less the piston might still be okay ?

The T4 Gearbox OR DMF will not fit the LT, the T4 engine will with modification's fit into the LT but I would not recommend it, needs the block modifying a lot of work.

Post Reply Post Reply