The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

REMAPPING?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downhiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 10 at 21:44
Originally posted by Happy Yellow Happy Yellow wrote:

Originally posted by energysolutions energysolutions wrote:

Theres ALREADY is a speed limiter in a T5 ECU, this has been debated before

It wont do 130mph, "only" 120mph which I have personally verified on a private roadWink

And that's an indicated 120 mph, so in reality it's less.

I suppose the exact maximum speed will depend on what size tyres you have fitted.  Since I fitted a K&N filter, my van hits the limiter constantly at an indicated 203 km/h (126 mph).

The limiter is 118mph (and yeah, that's about 125indicated in my T5).

Edited by downhiller - 13 Oct 10 at 21:44
Bog-standard poverty-spec 174ps T5 panel van (black, LWB)
matsvan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matsvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 10 at 08:17
...and so the question remains...
Should i get a remap in the new year?
I am now at a grand 125,000 miles and certainly have no warranty and apart from my headlight leveller and a strange whirring noise from some kind of fan, i dont seem to have any issues (cross fingers). I do need more economy though and might even consider sacraficing performance for (much) more.
Incidently, it would be a proper one at somewhere like Celtic.
My dad swears by French cars but they keep breaking down. Asked what the best cars he ever had were, he replied "The old Passat, the two MK2 Golfs, the Audi Quattro and the Princess"? Kombi 130 SWB
kernow View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 10 at 20:08
I would ask the guy at celtic what he thinks . i was the worlds most sceptical untill I had my van done at celtic . the results are certainly impressive . I had an economy map done as i didn't feel the need for any more power . It still gave my van 196 HP and a shed load more torque . i mainly notice the fuel is better on a long run , local running hasn;t changed a lot maybe 1 or 2 mpg better .
my bigest fear is that when I die the missus will sell my toys for what I said I paid for them
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 10 at 20:22
anyone had a GP remapped yet?
energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 10 at 20:42
Originally posted by kawolsky kawolsky wrote:

I believe it involves removing the ECU and "bench flashing" it due to anti mapping measures which are in place
!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 10 at 20:46

Originally posted by kawolsky kawolsky wrote:

I believe it involves removing the ECU and "bench flashing" it due to anti mapping measures which are in place
last week mine had a software update done at VW. drives like it's been remapped in comparison..smoother, faster,quieter....all in all mental for a new van. It was the fix for regen light keep coming on / van  trying to regen but failing, lumpy idle, shit performance, fuel guzzling.
SimonsideResident View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonsideResident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 10 at 20:09
While we`re on about this, how does +45hp on a 102ps TDI sound?Too much or about right? Oh and +70 ftlbs of torque..apparently Wink
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 10 at 23:05
Originally posted by SimonsideResident SimonsideResident wrote:

While we`re on about this, how does +45hp on a 102ps TDI sound?Too much or about right? Oh and +70 ftlbs of torque..apparently Wink

It sounds quite pleasing, and about right IMO

Celtic claim to get 160+ from an 85.........Wacko
The Loon View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Loon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 10 at 12:19

Celtic claim to get 160+ from an 85.........Wacko

Mine is pushing 145 from their old 150 map. Now as ES says, their new map is 160+. Let the good times roll.
Justified Ancient of Mu Mu.
SimonsideResident View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonsideResident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 10 at 01:07
Done it, and I think its just right...
MultiplexMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MultiplexMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 10 at 13:36
Anyone had a Forge Tuning remap?  or Revo?

Forge's is an OBDII tuning job and according to their web site has been supplied to some VW/Audi dealerships.  I'm curious as some overseas agents that handle Forge products also handle Revo - wondering if they are the same (?). 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MultiplexMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 11 at 19:44
I just got quoted AUD1200 for a Revo tune.

UK price is GBP299 (AUD481)

There is a local expression we use down under - this is just taking the p!ss !!!  Censored

I'm going to make do with physical upgrades and will leave the electronics alone - unless I can get a Revo from the UK. Evil Smile
kernow View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 11 at 20:59
Originally posted by MultiplexMan MultiplexMan wrote:

There is a local expression we use down under - this is just taking the p!ss !!!  Censored

I'm going to make do with physical upgrades and will leave the electronics alone - unless I can get a Revo from the UK. Evil Smile
Cant remember the name for them , but what about one of those boxes that allow you to load your own map . Celtic do one .
my bigest fear is that when I die the missus will sell my toys for what I said I paid for them
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 11 at 23:13
Originally posted by kernow kernow wrote:

Originally posted by MultiplexMan MultiplexMan wrote:

Cant remember the name for them , but what about one of those boxes that allow you to load your own map . Celtic do one .

Yep, thats the direction I would be taking if faced with your dilemma

The tuned map comes in a plug in tool (that doubles up as a basic code reader), you simply connect it to your van, download the standard map (in case you need to put it back to standard for any reason) and upload the tuned map - simples

I believe Celtics version is called the "Emotion" but there are others along the same lines like Superchips who have their "Bluefin" version

It sounds to me like there is potential profit to be had here......Wink

simon bartlett View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bartlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 11 at 07:24
Isn't there someone with a bluefin for sale on here or the other forum, I think he was asking for £150 but would take offers.
Caravelle 174 SE ( Towing a twin axle Burstner caravan 2000kg (Sorry))

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MultiplexMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 11 at 19:14

I have looked at BlueFin and that was one of my options.

I cannot remember reading if they have revised their code so that a rewrite does not increment the ECU log?  I'm also not sure how you go about "re-registering" someone else's BlueFin...

I'll make some more telephone calls once I'm back on R&R.

I certainly won't be buying local. Angry
fozzy T5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fozzy T5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 11 at 20:35
ive got the celtic  emotion box with 3 maps the 85 150 and 169
spitss1 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spitss1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 11 at 09:22
Fozzy - you had any clutch slippages with the top map?
gason View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 11 at 17:32
i have been debating getting a remap and spoke to someone  at pedal performance after a recommendation on this site, The figures quoted by some of these other firms are total rubbish ,buy a slow van spend £200 odd and you have a speed machine ,I dont think so, VW would be doing it if it was that good 
The Loon View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Loon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 11 at 18:52
Originally posted by gason gason wrote:

VW would be doing it if it was that good 

They do......
Justified Ancient of Mu Mu.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>