The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

red hot exhaust manifold - lt40 2.4 petrol/lpg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nooberdoober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 18 minutes ago at 01:14
Side tracking from the head for a few nights....I bought this on ebay for a 100squid delivered:

It measured bang on for working on this LT. Even got fully spaced legs that don't taper back in triangle fashion so i get easily get either side of the offside wheel and perfectly where its needed. Very robust heavy old thing but no leaks and it holds 2 ton closed, 1.5 half open and a ton fully extended at 65inches. Though it is a bit awkward to maneuver on the block paving.

And having stripped everything but the oil filter and its housing:

Got some nice welded chain and some chunky shackles from my good friend + a decent extra lifting eye to sit on the front left cylinder head bolt hole:

modified the bolt holes ever so slightly to take a larger bolt (borrowed from the alternator) on the original lifting eye designed to fit on the cylinder head. Fixed it to the rear right pf the block in one of the holes that the heat shield came out of:

and fixed my third chain to the integral lifting eye on the rear left of the DL block:

ready for it to go out the door tmrw sometime...

The vibration damper on the front of the crankshaft has not been removed yet, nor the radiator which could be a disaster waiting to happen but ill see how much clearance i need. hopefully if i careful i'll get away with it as is.
I got me a 2.4 straight Six......and it's a soundin JUICY!

1984 LT40 2.4 petrol Coachbuilt Autotrail Motorhome
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic