The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quattrosyncro is up and running.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoo00oox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quattrosyncro is up and running.
    Posted: 09 Jul 14 at 12:58
Hi Guys,

Check out my Syncro,  1.8t, A4 quattro 5 speed transmission, driveshaft and rear diff.   It is now up and running.  I have been driving this for the past few weeks. 

Any questions?

Andrew-

mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 14 at 13:37
Big smile

good to see you on here Andrew, been watching this on the shamba..

Welcome to the Yard chap.
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
syncroandy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncroandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 14 at 13:41
^WHS..

plus, With the suspension at full drop I hope your CVJ's survived OK in #3 ?

Edited by syncroandy - 09 Jul 14 at 13:42
'90 252 EJ25
'90 246 AFN

Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.
xoo00oox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoo00oox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 14 at 14:11
mrhutch-

thanks, I have enjoyed this forum for years. 

syncroandy-

I don't understand the comment on the CVs, yes it is at full droop but the axle length is not maxed out.  

All four of the axles are the stock ones to the syncro, it is amazing this stuff fits without too much work. 
Sunburntwilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunburntwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 15 at 12:53
I was wondering how the gearbox is doing? I'm asking as I am keen on the idea of a subaru gearbox in a Syncro. However what I want is the full high and low ratio 4x4 as can be found in most of their boxes. So a thought I had was if I took a standard dual range sub box, fitted it to the Syncro using subarugears Syncro kit still in development and then fit a honda ccw motor I would have a strong reliable dual range 4x4 van that looked like a vw Syncro lol.
Silly idea when I read it back anyway just a thought mostly because our gearbox are weak and can mostly only be rebuilt. ( it worries me)
Cheers all
Bob
adyjoad View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adyjoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 15 at 10:55
if you put in the Honda ccw engine you don't need the subarugears ring and pinion, you'd be 'correcting' it twice
Sunburntwilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunburntwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 15 at 11:46
Nope not talking about the subarugears ring and pinion. Subarugears are working on a Syncro kit that enables you to run a subaru gear box in your Syncro with full 4x4. I am happy with this idea except that you need to run the gearbox in reverse if you want to retain the dual range. Now I'm very interested in how the quattro gearbox is coping with running in reverse?
 Post Reply Post Reply