The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

powersteering LT35

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: powersteering LT35
    Posted: 27 Jul 10 at 12:52
Originally posted by grepet grepet wrote:

Hey, would you know what powersteering parts (or from of which vechiles?) would I need to make a LT 35D LHD have powersteering..  1982 it is and 23ft long!!  Or do you do if the bits for RHD will go on LHD?  Or of anyone on here that would know??    Thanks

Just had this pm from grepet - anyone here can help?
TwoSheds View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwoSheds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 10 at 16:24
Based on the very large number of parts required ( most not available and the price would be astronomic if they were available ) including the box bracket that appears to be a Weld-On Job the only sensible route is maybe find a LHD and for that it's eBay.de for all of the parts.

Look at your Haynes manual, Supplements section page 299 which shows all of the parts including the unique steering gear bracket.

Another question - that I cannot answer - is : will a post 83 Power Steering set-up ( which is what you will need as PS is not listed on the round headlight/ upright engine series ) fit the phase 1 LT1????  I suspect not.

Over to you others

Bit confused now as I have just looked ( again ) at the original posting and the LT in question is 84 which can be converted but you would still need a slant engine Lt28-35 donor vehicle and the box bracket carefully cut off for re-use.

Edited by TwoSheds - 28 Jul 10 at 08:24
 Post Reply Post Reply