The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Porsche 16" Cups

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayvelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Porsche 16" Cups
    Posted: 05 Oct 09 at 20:25
Have had a good look back through the info on here but just wanted some direct advice if poss?

Have a Westy and im looking to get a set of 16" Porsche cups to go on it.  After some advice to say if the offsets will be okay and what size adaptors / spacers to use? Also tyre choice?

First set :

16" Cups

Front 7" ET55

Rear 9" ET55

ET good or not?  What size spacers would i need to get? Tyre size?

Second Set

16" cups

Front 7"  ET55

Rear 9"  ET70

Et good or not? What size spacers, tyres etc?
Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker_Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 09 at 15:27
I`d go with the first set. ET55 will easily be brought down to a suitable offset with the adapters you`ll be using (130 PCD to 112 PCD) I`d go with 23mm adapters (this is the thickness of the steel ones the guy from Lancs sells on Ebay (no, it`s not me) Fronts will probably bolt straight up as they are with this size of adapter (mine did with ET55 7.5 rims) thus bringing it down to ET32. 

Rears may need some machining off `em with 9" rims. Mine are 8.5" rims, ET48 and I ended up with 15mm thick adapters at the rear to make ET33. Could be a bit or trial and error to get clearances on suspension tower and also sliding door. Fit and measure.
Sunny Lancs
bayvelle View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayvelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 09 at 17:10
Nice one Joker_Club.   Thought that ET would be better but wanted to make sure.

Who did you get your adaptors from?

Also are you running 16" porsche rims? What tyres are you using?

Cheers
Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker_Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 09 at 19:06
Mine are 17" Porsche. Adapters on Ebay from this guy

He`s been around a while, spoke on the fone to him, decent bloke.

Tyres from Camskill, check out the tyre size calculator for sizes to stay close to original 185/82 x 14". Scroll down to bottom of this page link for calc.

Sunny Lancs
 Post Reply Post Reply