The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Part numbers.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamikazesurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Part numbers.
    Posted: 19 Jan 15 at 23:23
Dear brick-yard,
i was hoping somebody could look up some information for me please.  I am the owner of an 1986 LT45, that has recently had an engine change from a 1994 6 Cyl diesel LT 35 (ACT14706).

I have exported the vehicle to Australia (where i now live) and its time to service it.  I have however come across a bit of a problem in that the Series LT was never released in Australia and it appears i have the only one here.

To that end i am struggling to get the servicing parts (oil filters fuel filter v belts etc) without the original part numbers from VW; who incidentally i have seen and are unable to help as their ETKA only covers the vehicles released in Oz.

Would it be possible for somebody to look up the part numbers for the serviceable parts so that i can get the Australian equivalents.

I could really do within the capacities for the oil and coolant please and i would like to change that too.

Thank you brick-yard.
1986 LT 45. The only one in Australia! (I think)
kamikazesurfer View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamikazesurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 15 at 05:05
HI Again,  
I would also like to know what coolant to use as they have many different ones here.  i know its 50/50 mix but its the chemicals and ethylene Glycol thats the important bit.  If you can let me know that too it would be great. Ive just noticed i have an oil cooler (the same as my old Golf GTi) and don't want it to corrode from the inside out (like the Golf did, as it was run on water instead of coolant prior to my ownership!).

thanks again
Cableguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cableguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 15 at 07:19
What engine do you have in it now?
lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 15 at 10:15
Originally posted by Cableguy Cableguy wrote:

Good question cableguy, and welcome to you kamakaziesurfer hope more LT's appear soon ! have all your required information just not to hand will get if some of the good guys on here don't beat me to it !Its a great community on here you will enjoy.Thumbs Up
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 15 at 10:19
Originally posted by lorryloader lorryloader wrote:

Originally posted by Cableguy Cableguy wrote:

Good question cableguy, and welcome to you kamakaziesurfer hope more LT's appear soon ! have all your required information just not to hand will get if some of the good guys on here don't beat me to it !Its a great community on here you will enjoy.Thumbs Up

Apologies on spelling your name wrong !EmbarrassedOuch
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamikazesurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 15 at 10:27
Hi, thanks for the responses.  The engine is a VW 6 Cyl naturally aspirated diesel from an LT35.  Engine Code ACT14706.  Now, i realise the engine code is for a turbo but i took it off.

Hope that helps and i look forward to hearing from you soon.  thanks again
Dreamcatcher View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 15 at 10:52
Hi
If you sign up to vagcat.com (it's free) go to parts catalogue,you will find all the part nos you require.
Dave 1991 LT31 Camper
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 15 at 16:08
Welcome kamikazesurferHandshake

If VAGCat breaks down you can also try http://www.partsbase.org/vw/lt-lt-4x4-lt-eu/

I think that you are not alone in Australia, I just need to remember the name .....
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 15 at 18:13
jimmycadillac is in Western Australia, see I told you so.Thumbs Up
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamikazesurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 15 at 10:40
Thanks everyone.  Is there a way i can contact Jimmy Cadillac?  id like to set up a chat with him, re parts, servicing etc.

Serge View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 15 at 11:48
This is his member profile, try sending him a message here:

jimmycadillac

1990 LT28 Westfalia Florida 2.4TD + Reliant Scimitar GTC + Mk 4 Mondeo + Triumph Trident Sprint 900 + Honda 550/4
http://www.sergeantsmess.co.uk/
 Post Reply Post Reply