The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OK I'm here.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vienna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OK I'm here.
    Posted: 25 Feb 15 at 22:58
Just joined and not a usual forum nerd. Sorry for <---- , am an IT prof. and hence don't do after hours well.
Forums are however top for sharing info and tips so will try to help. My background:- 50+ years from the "been there done it got the T-shirt" brigade and a self mechanic etc. etc. on practically every form of camping. Currently turned to Florida 1991 31 TD , 30 TKM rust free (yes! hard to find). Ex-pat in Austria. Putting it back to tip top, and as noticed parts not so easy to source, Germany is your friend! Forgive me if I am not responding or posting in the wrong place etc.
Eyup, still working on it!

LT 31 Florida 1991 (1990) TD LHD

It's not what you've got, it's what you do with it that counts! ;-)
Rabbit 16v View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbit 16v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 15 at 23:57
Wilkommen!
Chris
1985 LT40 4x4 2.5 TDI
1987 LT28 Florida
1985 LT45 Sülzer D24TI
1992 LT40 4x4 D24t
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 15 at 08:21
Welcome StevenHandshakeBeer

Being an ex-pat, you will need to translate Chris' commentLOL

Plenty on here to trawl through.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Vienna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vienna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 15 at 22:25
Thanks Guys, oder Danke Chris Smile  Will poke around and add my bit to date. Still getting up to speed with LT, Oh that's not possible is it, well not meant that way LOL. Probably landed one of the few really good ones left (rust, dent and scratch free, all original, will post pics when time permits) and just have to replace those typical bits. Got the front springs and engine servicing bits. Getting RHS window rubbers and looking to source rear springs, head rest kit found for rear seats (three kids) so starting to look good. Where have you lot got your anchors from? This is probably the worst of the annoying issues (working on that too), followed by final ratio and engine noise (somewhat related). Our deciding purchase factors, max space for footprint that fits on a normal parking space, full kit, sleeps familly of 5 and big dog. Ramble ramble .......

Hey, spring is just round the corner!

Steven
Eyup, still working on it!

LT 31 Florida 1991 (1990) TD LHD

It's not what you've got, it's what you do with it that counts! ;-)
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 15 at 22:46
Check out the Search>Advanced Search> and see what you can find. All life is there.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
 Post Reply Post Reply