The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

off-topic...more of the same

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 104T28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: off-topic...more of the same
    Posted: 01 Apr 08 at 11:20
Studioman View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Studioman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 08 at 17:40

thanks for that 104, will watch with interest tonight...

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."

Mahatma Ghandi

Studioman View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Studioman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 08 at 16:31
kernow View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 08 at 22:59
great just watch them talk us into a recession .
my bigest fear is that when I die the missus will sell my toys for what I said I paid for them
104T28 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 104T28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 08 at 20:02

Originally posted by kernow kernow wrote:

great just watch them talk us into a recession .

looks like we're in it already

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23475655-deta ils/Asking+prices+slashed+as+home+sales+slump+to+lowest+sinc e+1995/article.do

RICK View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 08 at 20:18
shit and we are talking about putting our house on the market in 2 weeks time
Mr Hedgehog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 08 at 22:45

Originally posted by RICK RICK wrote:

shit and we are talking about putting our house on the market in 2 weeks time

New van & New house there must be more money in this building game than they say, I got a quote to get the extension on the back of my house changed the guy quoted 5-6k on the day and then when I got the written quote it was over 10kConfused  

Jumped Ship to a Vito but I hear a 2021 T6 calling, only real difference is the Vito cab is more car like.
RICK View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 08 at 22:54
i was going to say mate that is a small extension for 5 to 6k let me no the size mate and details and ill give you a price not got time to do it but at least when getting quotes you wont get ripped of
Mr Hedgehog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 08 at 23:13

Cheers mate I will take you up on that offer, will be nice to have and idea of what it should cost approx it's not so much to build a extension just convert it

Jumped Ship to a Vito but I hear a 2021 T6 calling, only real difference is the Vito cab is more car like.
RICK View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 08 at 18:23
pm me spikey ley me no a few details sizes what it is now what it is going to be stud walls doors etc
JCSM View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCSM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 08 at 18:31

Im a plasterer and only do  private work(no site work)

I know a few builder lads and some charge £1000 per square metre for a single storey basic full extension,they make even more money on "extras" so they call em.

Im just a poor plasterer,well it bloody feels like it when i talk to the bloody rich builders!!!

prilla 550 sxv
http://leejonesracing.blogspot.com/
RICK View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 08 at 18:54
f**k me jase thats serious wedge i no a rough calculation for a new build is a approx £100 a square foot which is roughly £320 a square meter do these builders have much on mate if they have they must be feckin rich customers mate
Studioman View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Studioman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 08 at 21:20

Building rates in my area are £140 per sq ft for straight forward stuff...flettons std joinery etc, & up to £200 per sq ft for the fancy jobs..old stocks, custom built kitchens etc...

104T28 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 104T28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 08 at 21:25
Originally posted by Studioman Studioman wrote:

Building rates in my area are £140 per sq ft for straight forward stuff...flettons std joinery etc, & up to £200 per sq ft for the fancy jobs..old stocks, custom built kitchens etc...

Cousin had a nice extension done last year by a decent local builder and think the rate was approx £160 sq ft...seemed high quality but wouldn't be the best judge!

kernow View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 08 at 22:23

You guys have lost me . i only do joinery and bespoke kitchens these days.

Surely square footage pricing is only a rough guide for the shell then it depends what inside ,what sort of roof , and what the walls are made of .

Rick doesn't £100 a foot work out to rougly 1000 a meter ,  i think you did the old 3and bit feet to a metre there and forgot the square bit . I did something like that last year ordering a load of Chestnut for a big kitchen and ended over a grand out of pocket on the materials . Doh

my bigest fear is that when I die the missus will sell my toys for what I said I paid for them
RICK View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 08 at 22:35
yes you are right kernow mate i was just trying to be helpful and end up being thick. Embarrassed
tresco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tresco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 08 at 17:22
104T28 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 104T28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 08 at 17:27
RICK View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 08 at 20:11
that will please the mrs as she is a (criminal) sorry estate agent
Fifty pence View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fifty pence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 08 at 22:09

We can easily " talk " yourselves into a recession.

All I know is that over the last 6 years I have become busier and busier, until this year when I havnt worked a full week yet !!.

3 or 4 years of masses of cheap labour flooding into the country was bound to take its toll evevntually !.

Del.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>