The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Odometer reading kilometers instead of miles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al-n-ing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Odometer reading kilometers instead of miles
    Posted: 13 Dec 09 at 22:25

I’m sure this has been on here before but I can’t find it.

Just bought new T5 & the odometer is reading kilometers instead of miles. How do I change it? Does it have to be done at stealers? & please don’t say take it back where you bought it.. it was London! & it may be cheaper to pay some one rather than drive 260miles there n back (& its not yet registered so a bit difficult).

al

gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 09 at 23:38
It is possible the ECU is set to a country that has metric measurements (eg Australia, Canada etc), not miles (UK, USA).  If that is the case then you need someone with VCDS or the dealer tool to change it to a "miles" country UK (?).  If it is new it may be done under warranty for free by a local dealer who wants your future business, but it really should have been done as part of the pre-delivery service by the selling dealer (unless it was delievered in a different country).

This thread describes the process (thanks T5 TDI Smile ) :

al-n-ing View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al-n-ing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 09 at 21:16
Thanks gregozedobe I knew I had seen it somewhere & yes I have just checked the paperwork & it says on the reg. form; if imported, where from? written in at the side is Ireland. So not sure if I'll get it done under warranty?   & from what I read on here it’ll cost an arm n leg at main dealer (for anything that has to be done via the plug in thingy).
 Post Reply Post Reply