The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Noise like rattling from engine bay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikerlt1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Noise like rattling from engine bay
    Posted: 27 Mar 18 at 22:49
Hi to all !!. I'm new to the forum. I've had a rattling sound from enginebay for a while, I had a look under bonnet and checked for play on outer belt as I was looking I noticed that the tensioner was flickering back and forth , turned it off and felt for play on pulley on power steering pump, which had play back and forth and a bit of a wobble. Then I got down under the front end and tested the crank pulley for play . And believe me it was on its way out !! . The rubber had started to perish and break up !! So the only thing to do was get to it all sorted ASAP. So on phone new V grove belt- new power steering pump, and Crank pulley . All sorted no noise no clattering , and thanks to a good Bloke he did it in 3hrs . I know the parts are not cheap but I feel I should share the experience with you all .
As before I did all this a reputable garage told me it maybe the Crank .?? Oh well it does pay to check out yourself .
Thanks and hope it helps
jcee
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 18 at 12:16
Thumbs Up
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 18 at 12:18
Welcome to the forum mate.
Glad you sorted it before you got a major bill.
Could you put your vehicle details in your signature please, saves everyone asking if you need help.

Cheers
Andy
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

Andy B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 18 at 20:02
Hi,I'm a newbie also having purchased mine last week , lt35e, 2.4 diesel, I also have a rattle which a after a quick look found the power steering pulley to have a lot of play, it looks a real pain to try to get to and get out !
 Post Reply Post Reply