The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No main headlights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sambeardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No main headlights
    Posted: 03 May 16 at 21:56
Hi everyone,
Got myself my first T3 camper yesterday, really chuffed with it.
Although whilst driving it back home 100miles yesterday evening I found out the main headlights and main beam dont work, just the sidelights! Couldnt see a bloody thing!!
I have checked all fuses and relays and given them a clean and all seem to be in working order.
When I press the full beam stalk back I can hear a relay is clicking, but no full beam.
I am a complete novice at electrics so I am after advice as to what it could be.
Cheers all!
Sam
fatboy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
judge judy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 16 at 22:02
Try rocking the headlamp switch in the binnacle buddy? As you're only Worcester you're welcome to pop over to our unit one evening/Saturday and try swapping bits over from my bus? Pm me if you like.
I'm shite with electrics to unfortunately!
'83 T3 westy - biguns got it
68 buggy again!- Roger the cat is going to finish it
Syncro, previously known as the scoobyvelle

Shit I need to sell some MORE cars!
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 16 at 22:13
check theres bulbs in there! obvious stuff first..... p/o might have put his grubby mits over the h4s and ruined them - seems odd to loose both headlights on dip and main?
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
sambeardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sambeardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 16 at 07:15
Do the main bulbs run off the same fuse as the side lights/ indicators etc?
Is there any other wires I should be looking at?
Failing that it sounds like it could be the switch on the dash?
Will check actual bulb connnections tonight if the newborn gives me chance to!
booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 16 at 16:35
I would check bulbs and fuses. someone might have tried to put high wattage bulbs in and popped the fuse. does seem odd that both sides dip and main have gone  check the plug is on the back of the switch  
sambeardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sambeardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 16 at 21:16
Well I am sort of there with it.
Took all the fuse board out and took every individual prong off and cleaned them all with some fine sandpaper, put all back together and have lights. I reckon my problem has been a loose wire personally.
Only thing that is still playing up is that when i click full beam on, one light goes really weak. So i would assume that would be an earth problem?  Atleast I can drive at night now.

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 16 at 20:33
earth crowns just above fusebox on bottom of "A" pillar - take them off and clean up connections then re-fit
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
 Post Reply Post Reply