The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Bus Park
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

newbie with a t3 project shale i shant i

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: newbie with a t3 project shale i shant i
    Posted: 19 Aug 16 at 21:41

Hi guys picked up a t/T3 (new to this) last month as i found out there easy to fit 3 point seat belts in not much bigger then a family  car etc etc wondering if you could help me out with a few questions i have 

so i bought it because it was local ish and i had a way of getting it back to mine i didn't how ever look up how much some of the bits cost Shocked or even if you can get said bits Embarrassed 

my biggest problem is round the windows can you get a panel with out buying the hole panel 
3 of the windows are like this one in the picture is by far the worst 

also could some one tell me what make it is i have spent a wile on google looking at others trying to work it out Embarrassed here she is 

at the moment i have it up for sale as i have got lots to get finished before i can make a start so wile its sat on the drive way thought i put it on gum tree (this is not a plug)
tonight how ever i had my little girl chatting about it and other family members have bought her cards with a camper on it a fridge magnet etc and she really seams to like it over all the other car's offroaders etc she see's/we have so here i am doing some more home work and asking can you get a repair panel from the waste line up as all i've found is the hole panel or the wrong half 
also being honest i am starting to like it more the more time it spends sitting about (not sure my neighbors feel the same LOL )

thanks for any advice going to have a look round the forum for some tips and ideas now 
Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 16 at 10:07
Not too sure about actual replacement panels but if your handy with the mig and grinder it shouldn't be too hard to fab something up if panels aren't available.
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 16 at 10:32
That's just flat steel. They arent factory windows so an easy repair.
Windows out, weld some fresh tin in and paint, refit windows
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 16 at 12:02
Kinda flat with a 45 ish degree on it
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 16 at 20:05
get some more pics up buddy! looks about right for a panel van conversion.yours would of been a panel van before it was converted as the windows arn't flush. caravelles have windows from the factory so have propper recesses to fit them into. most rot out (like yours) as there painted once as soon as there cut then water gets in between the seals and sits along sides and bottom. as said easy enuf repair if your handy with a sparkler
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
mrhutch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
the ginger princess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 16 at 21:39
^^ which he is..

and good rates as well Wink
T3 1981 Westy Vanagon - thinks lubricant is a fuel
 Post Reply Post Reply