The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie saying hello.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sol Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie saying hello.
    Posted: 10 Jul 09 at 11:27

New to the forum, if in wrong place, sorry.Smile

I've a LT28 Sven Hedin.

I've had a few VW's before but this is my first LT. I've been using VZi and a kind soul on the suggested this was the place to be for LT info, etc.

Hello.
66 joker View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66 joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 09 at 12:14
Hey sol ford..

WelcomeThumbs Up
T4 Westfalia Exclusive.Tdi LT work van..

AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 09 at 13:52
Welcome to the forum.
Any questionx just post away.
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

Sol Ford View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sol Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 09 at 15:57
Thanks for the welcome people.

Originally posted by AndyT AndyT wrote:

Welcome to the forum.
Any questionx just post away.

I might just do that.Smile I'm struggling getting to grips operating the heating, hot water and the operating panel. I'm going to have a bash then post what I can't suss out.
paul k d View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul k d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 09 at 16:29
Hi , only just arrived myself! I too have a 1979 lt 28 Wetfalia (Sven hedin) I will look and see if I have any useful information on the heating controls.
Sol Ford View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sol Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 09 at 18:34
Hi Paul, that would be useful. I think mine is the same model, it's from 1982.
botsdad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote botsdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 09 at 20:17
hi there, we've a sven hedin and love it,glad you've joined
lt28 sven hedin,x2 lt 35 vans, rhd syncro,syncro multivan, caravelle and panel

botsdad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote botsdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 09 at 20:19
hi again, i have a manual on disc, also have the origional brochure for mine, could have a look scan and email to you, ?

Sol Ford View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sol Ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 09 at 20:30
Originally posted by botsdad botsdad wrote:

hi again, i have a manual on disc, also have the origional brochure for mine, could have a look scan and email to you, ?

Hello, I recognise the name from VZi.Wink

Would it be easier if I post a picture and you tell me what the the LED's and switches are for?
icky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 09 at 21:48
hello and welcome :D
botsdad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote botsdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 09 at 10:29
yes will try, lol, if you pm me with your addy i can send you the disc, for download, and you can send it back when its been copied onto your pc, if you want, if that helps, as it has pages and pages of all technical stuff

clownspicy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clownspicy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 09 at 17:58

Jason, if you're the Jason in Kettering to whom I sold a CD with the translated owner's manual on it, sorry but you don't have my permission to allows someone else to make a copy of any of the stuff I translated on there.  They can buy their own copy from me on eBay.

I spent many hours doing that translation and have copyright on the English version, as printed on the front of the manual....

If it is technical information e.g. repair manuals, then these can be easily downloaded from the rabbitsonthemoon website.  There's a link to that website on this forum.

1990 VW LT Florida 2.4td

1968 Citro-en DS

1998 Vespa ET4
thal View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 09 at 20:47
thats rich you copied the manuals onto your!!!! disc to make a profit and now your trying to stop others sharing the info ive said this before people who come to this forum do so to help each other you do not share those principals and therefore I dont think you belong here!
2.4 td high top home conversion And2.4td LWB high top van
thal View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 09 at 20:50
AND DONT TRY SAYING THAT YOU SPENT TIME TRANSLATING YOUR MANUALS. WE ALL SPENT TIME SCANNING THE MANUALS WE HAD FOR THE GOOD OF ALL WHO NEED THE HELP. FOR NO PROFIT!!!!!!!!!!
2.4 td high top home conversion And2.4td LWB high top van
icky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 09 at 22:23
guys, chill out and take a step back!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clownspicy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 09 at 23:13

After the original comments I received I now regret having to mention it again, but since someone is offering to facilitate making a copy my work, I felt I had to make the request to stop on this forum, where it was mentioned.

So I am wrong to ask someone not to copy my work then?  Was the original complainant wrong to ask me not include his file with my work?  No, they weren't wrong to do so.  I could have ignored the request, or denied I had included, but it didn't.  I apologised, complied with the request, no longer including his file.  Now I even point people to the site where they can download it....  So why is the subject brought up again?

Given I complied with the original request and now I'm making the same request myself to someone who appears to be offering to copy my work, what's wrong with that?

So why I don't offer my translation services for free?  Well, it is my choice to do so.  I chose to sel my work outside of this forum, so forum rules hardly apply, but it appears I continue to be criticised all the same.  I produce translations of German manuals into English and people pay me what in reality is a small price for it.  We each help each other.  We both profit from the transaction. No different really that what happens on this forum.

No doubt, there are other people on this forum, who as well as giving FREE advice to others on this forum, also charge for VW-related services and sell VW-related stuff outside of this forum, so whyI am singled out for criticism?

Aside from what I do to share my language skills outside of this focrum, I HAVE in any case provided FREE help to others on this forum with lots of explanations and photos and including some English-German translations and offers to do small translations for free.  

But then, those who did and now do complain perhaps don't own a Westfalia converison, so they may not be aware of this?

I know it is impossible to please all of the people all of the time, but can we PLEASE MOVE ON from personal criticisms of me for something that happened months ago, surely that's water under the bridge now?

1990 VW LT Florida 2.4td

1968 Citro-en DS

1998 Vespa ET4
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clownspicy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 09 at 23:16
PS : I reject the repeated slur that I originally profited or intended to profit from my error.  The proof  is in the comments made on this focrum by people who actually bough my translation and that people continued to buy my work without the additional file, at the same price, because they want my translation, something they cannot do themselves.
1990 VW LT Florida 2.4td

1968 Citro-en DS

1998 Vespa ET4
botsdad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote botsdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 09 at 23:19
Originally posted by clownspicy clownspicy wrote:

Jason, if you're the Jason in Kettering to whom I sold a CD with the translated owner's manual on it, sorry but you don't have my permission to allows someone else to make a copy of any of the stuff I translated on there.  They can buy their own copy from me on eBay.

I spent many hours doing that translation and have copyright on the English version, as printed on the front of the manual....

If it is technical information e.g. repair manuals, then these can be easily downloaded from the rabbitsonthemoon website.  There's a link to that website on this forum.

look im very sorry if i have offended you, my name is pauline, and i was just trying to lend someone a hand, purley, because it would be cheaper than sending the bentley through the post,
and as for your cd, i would like your address so that i can send it back as it doesn't work properly, didn't want to got thru ebay, as i wouldn't be so petty for a few quid, but you really are welcome to your cd back.

wilks View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 09 at 06:50
and as for your cd, i would like your address so that i can send it back as it doesn't work properly, didn't want to got thru ebay, as i wouldn't be so petty for a few quid, but you really are welcome to your cd back.OOPSEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
sold my van and miss it so much
Roger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 09 at 10:32

As Icky said cool it guys. 

I bought the Florida Manual translation and am happy that I did.  Much easier than trying to figure out the German Original.  I am sure a lot of work went into getting it right.  I bought the CD for the Florida manual, I had already downloaded what I needed from rabbitsonthemoon.
Yes Terry I agree scanning all the stuff you have posted is also a lot of work and we all appreciate it.
Has anyone done a scan of the LT manual in English?  I only have the German one.
Roger
1989 LT31 Florida 2.4TD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>